Dec 20, 2014

How The Grinch Stole The Show

Posted by with No comments
I had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, but one thing that always helps - is musical programs and the like. Thankfully the elementary school had a program of sorts that really made my day.

I was slightly worried about how they were going to get all the grades into one little auditorium, plus parents for such a thing - but someone in the school used their brains and did something awesome!

They had the parents sit like they would for any other program, but instead of having all the grades also sitting and watching and/or performing at the same time, each grade came one at a time. So yes, there were a couple minutes where one grade walked off stage while the other grade came on - but overall, I think it was a much better way to do things. They also had 2 seperate performances - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Genius, I tell you!

We opted for the afternoon performance and when we got to the auditorium/gym, we found an unexpected visitor...


That's right, the Grinch had come to visit our little part of the world. He was even in an extra giving mood and was passing little candies out to the audience. Sadly, Ailey and Jace were super scared of him. 

The show started and the 5th grade was one of the first to perform...I looked high and low for Lex, but never found him. I was starting to get worried that I missed the kid until it occured to me that he was put in a 4th/5th grade split this year, so he was probably going to perform with the 4th graders - at least I hoped that's the way it was.

Before too long, the 1st graders were up. Nate was excited for their song and kept telling me about the song and performance for days leading up to the performance, so he was happy to see us there. They got up and did their song, and I didn't get a picture of Nate performing (did the video thing), but got a picture of him walking quietly back to class.


Then came the 4th grade to close out the show. It took a minute, but I finally found Lex. They performed their number and at the end the Grinch had a few surprises in store.




And if you'd like to hear the songs they performed, here's a cute little video for y'all! 




0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...