Dec 22, 2014

The Countdown Is On: Day Twenty-Two

Posted by with No comments
DAY TWENTY-TWO

SCRIPTURE: Malachi 3:10
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

SONG: I Want To Give The Lord My Tenth - Verses 1 and 2
"I want to give the Lord my tenth,
For every time I do
It makes me think of all the gifts
He gives to me and you.

He gives us life,
This lovely world.
And though my tenth seems small,
It shows my faith and gratitude to him,
The Lord of all."

SPECIAL NOTE:
"This is all about learning how to give 1 of every 10 back to the Lord. That is all He asks for. Fill out a slip and take the coins to your Bishop. I don't think he wants your candy, but then again...? Doesn't matter that it's a small amount, you are learning to be obedient! Grandma and Grandpa have been blessed greatly for obeying this commandment. IT IS A TRUE PRINCIPLE THAT BRINGS BLESSINGS!

About The Candy...
I want you to continue to practice this principle by choosing to give 1 of every 10 pieces you have to someone else who is sad, who feels left out or who just needs a friend or a happy thought. (Might even be a parent) Remember that when we pay our tithing it blesses the lives of others too. I'm trusting you to do this!

People used to pay tithing on their animals, their crops, their milk, etc...




My kids are pretty great and I think each and every one of them gave me some of their candy. They must've known Mom was having a rough go of things.


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...