Apr 9, 2013

Cute Girls Hairstyles And Oz

Posted by with No comments
For any of you that REALLY know me, you know I'm somewhat anal about having the girls hair done when we go places. If we're at home or I don't feel great, all bets are off. However, I make darn well sure that if we're going to be in public, hair gets done!

I love my Mom, I really, really do - but hair was never big on her to-do list for us. So I pretty much hate all pictures of my childhood cause I look like an orphan. I didn't want that with my girls, but finding a new do for every single day proved difficult at times.

Then, a few years ago, one of my good friends from school, Jenn - started up a hair blog. I followed her daily and she had links to so many other hair blogs and I was good to go. Because of Jenn's blog I happened across Cute Girls Hairstyles. Love her blog!

Well since then Facebook has become huge and Mindy's done a lot of videos on YouTube and being the more visual learner that I am, I followed her YouTube page and her Facebook page. Towards the end of February she posted that she had rented out a theater to see the new Oz movie that was coming out. She was even able to get a showing the night before it 'technically' opened. It was a sort of meet and greet and to be entered you just had to sign up for her newsletter.

I debated about entering. I knew that they live out in the same county I do, so the show would be at a close theater, but it was the Meet & Greet I wasn't so sure about. Being the shy person I was, I wasn't sure I was going to be comfortable meeting her and talking to her. There was also the issue of crowds. I'm not a fan of crowds.

After thinking about it though, I decided it'd be a neat experience for Shaylyn and I if we actually got tickets, so I entered. I was anxiously waiting for an email the day she said she'd send emails to the 'winners'. I wasn't getting it, wasn't getting it. Then around 6:00 at night when I had pretty much figured we hadn't been picked, I got an email.

I was actually excited and Shaylyn got excited when I told her. Eric was less excited. I was going to see a movie he wanted to see without him and he'd have to watch the other kids. HAHAHA!

On March 7th, Shaylyn and I headed to the theater and my nerves weren't as bad as I thought they'd might be. There was a crowd, but it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated either. We got our tickets and then got it line to get pictures with Mindy and her girls. Luckily for me there really wasn't a lot of time to chit-chat, so I worried about that for nothing. I did make sure to say thanks for the opportunity and the girl standing next to me, Brooklyn, actually noticed something Shaylyn was wearing (handmade) and asked her if she made it using some sort of something. Shaylyn knew what she was talking about and they chatted about that for a minute. I thought that was pretty cool.


After the Meet and Greet, Shaylyn and I grabbed some food, ate and then went and waited in line to get seated in the theater. I was so happy about our seats. We were in the front row of the upper level. We had no one in front of us, which meant plenty of leg space.

RadioDisney was also there and kept the audience entertained while we waited for the gang of CuteGirlHairstyles to finish up the Meet & Greet and for the movie to start. They had the audience do all sorts of dances and stuff and Shaylyn really had a fun time. She got a Wreck-It Ralph door hanger for her room just for having a CuteGirlHairstyle that night. She could've got more prizes, but she didn't dare go down to the bottom and dance around. We also didn't win any of the cool giveaway prizes that CuteGirlHairstyles were giving away, but we got to see a new movie for free. I was happy with that.






The movie was great. I really liked it and I don't care much for the actor that plays Oz, so that says something. I thought they did a great job incorporating certain things from The Wizard Of Oz into this movie and that really made me happy.

We had a great night and I'm so glad that I got over some of my insecurities so that I could share a fun night out with my Shaylynnie.

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...