Jan 21, 2013

Little Hands, Big Ouchies

Posted by with No comments
Let me start with a picture:


Take a look at her right hand. She's got a cute little Angry Birds band aid on her right wrist. She needed it. Let me tell you the story.

A few weeks before I took this picture, Eric and I were in our room and the kids were all messing around in the front room. I was trying to stay in bed as long as I could on a Saturday morning and Eric was playing on his computer.

After awhile we have kids in our room, hysterically saying, "Ailey's bleeding." We've heard this before with little scrapes and boo-boos, so I didn't rush up or anything. But then Ailey came in crying repeating the words, "I bleeding" and Eric got up to look at it. He then rushed her into the bathroom.

His first words are, "Oh, I think we're going to have to take her in." But after a few minutes and after he got it all cleaned up and bandaged we decided it'd probably be okay and we went about our day. Well towards the middle of the afternoon I realize her bleeding hasn't stopped. It's slowed down, but it's not stopping.

I had Eric take her to the Instacare since he was going to go run errands anyway. I anxiously waited for news and got nothing. When they got home, Ailey had fallen asleep so Eric just placed her on the couch. First thing I see when I look at her is a pink wrap around her hand. I asked Eric if they had to stitch it up and he said, "No."

As Eric thought, the place that it happened to be cut at would've been a tricky place to sew. The doctor  said it'd probably be okay and cleaned it up real good and then bandaged it the way she did. It was an effort to keep it clean and keep Ailey from taking it off, I think.

We tried to keep the same routine for a couple weeks. It was healing slowly, so we kept the bandage on. Eventually it healed enough that a band-aid was just fine and Ailey was good to keep it on. She now has an odd looking scar, but it has healed and she's no worse for wear.

And it all came about from a small white board with plastic edges that started falling off. She cut herself right on the edge of one of the plastic edges. So sad. Yes, I threw that darn board away!


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...