Jan 21, 2013

A Secret I've Been Keeping

Posted by with No comments
This beginning of this story actually takes place in December. Like early December. One Saturday morning (December 8th to be exact) Eric and I decided to buy a 'new' (read used) car. I'm serious. We woke up that morning, Eric looked online and we saw the type of vehicle we've been wanting for awhile and it wasn't that much. So, we decided we'd go take a look.

After a whole day at the dealership and running to get emissions and safety checked at Jiffy Lube, we brought this home:


(Not our actual vehicle, Eric's gone and he's got it with him at the moment)

It is a Ford Expedition - Eddie Bauer model. Okay, so we really didn't care about the brand name, that's just what it happened to be. We loved that it was blue and it came with a HUGE monitor for playing videos for the kids. HECK YES!!! That was worth it in and of itself. It's been a huge lifesaver.

We waited an anxious weekend to hear back from the bank and we had some issues getting the emissions to pass, but after the weekend we heard that the loan was approved and a few weeks after that we finally got the emissions to pass. It was wonderful news and a huge weight was lifted off our shoulders.

Now maybe some of you think there's more to the story. There is.

The reason we rushed out that Saturday morning to buy a car was because of this:

(Top Stick - Friday Night Test, Bottom Stick - Sunday Morning Test)

I had been thinking I may be pregnant for a few weeks. Something just told me. So after I had gone to dinner with my sisters on Friday the 7th, I stopped at a store and bought a test. I went home and took it. Eric was asleep and so I didn't tell him.

It took me awhile to get around to telling Eric on Saturday morning. I wasn't sure how he'd feel about it. He could tell that something was on my mind, so I told him then. He reacted better than I expected. That's why we rushed to buy the car - it's an 8 seater AND it isn't a mini-van!

Eric didn't think the positive on the first test was positive enough and told me to test again. Because we were gone all of Saturday, I decided to wait until Sunday morning's first urine cause you know it's stronger...LOL!

Because of my miscarriage earlier in the year, I was very hesitant to tell people. I didn't even call the doctor for a few weeks. I finally decided I should call the doctor anyway and make an appointment. It was scheduled for January 16. I was on pins and needles up until that day. I knew that the appointment would give me some peace of mind one way or the other.

We go to my appointment and get all set up for a quick scan. My doctor does it every 1st visit, so I knew I'd be getting one. First words out of his mouth, "There's a nice strong heartbeat." I was so relieved. I hadn't said a word to my doctor about my anxiety and my mom had told me with her miscarriage that they couldn't find a heartbeat. So to hear those words was wonderful. We then got this cute little picture:


I love that because it's a couple weeks later than the 1st ones I've had with my other kids, you can see the head! It's so much more real than just a jelly bean shape.

My due date is August 16th, which is my maternal grandmother's birthday. I'd be okay waiting for the actual due date just this once. (I say that now, I may change my mind in a few months) I'm still super anxious and afraid that something is going to go wrong, but I think I think too much. 



0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...