Oct 18, 2013

Witches and Pumpkins

Posted by with No comments
Just when I figured we weren't going to get to Gardner Village this year, my sister asks if I'm up for going on the 18th. It was a Friday and I'd have to get the kids out of school about an hour early to meet everyone on time, but I knew the kids would enjoy it - so I did it.

I also knew it'd be insanely crowded because of UEA and it was a Friday. It was insane. You couldn't really walk 2 feet without bumping into someone else.

My mom, older sister, older brother and his family as well as my little sister and her kids were all there. We were hoping my little brother could make it with his son, but his time was limited and he wouldn't make it in time.

We had a mostly enjoyable time. We skipped the petting zoo and pony rides this year and just went to search for the witches. The kids didn't seem to mind too much and had fun searching - after all, all they want is that cookie in the end.

Because of the chill in the air we didn't get quite as many pictures as we would've liked either, and in all the rush of my day I left my camera at home. Thankfully I had my phone - even though I don't really like how camera pictures come out. But a picture is better than no picture at all.


 









...Our families may or may not support rival teams...




 




Then somehow I convinced Eric to go to the pumpkin patch after work since the kids and I would already be down in the valley that way. So Eric let me know when he got to his car off of Trax and the kids and I then headed off to the patch to meet up with Eric.

I wish I had had a better time, but my stomach was in knots and I just wasn't in the best frame of mind. But we accomplished what we went there for and that was getting our pumpkins. Ailey found what we thought would be her pumpkin right away, but as it later turned out she found a smaller one for her, so the one she grabbed immediately became mommy and daddy's pumpkin. Eric even found a little pumpkin for Jace. I wasn't going to get one for him, but I thought it was cool that Eric thought of the little guy.











 

 

 






 

 

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...