Oct 4, 2013

Spirit Week 2013

Posted by with No comments
The first week of October was Spirit Week at the Elementary School. I think they allowed the kids to choose the themes this year and it was fun to have a few different ideas come through.

DAY 1 - MUSTACHE DAY
I really don't get the whole mustache craze. Really. But day 1 was Mustache Day. I was sick this particular day and wasn't sure how the kids were going to pull it off, but chance had it that Shaylyn had gone to a party during the weekend and for whatever reason was given 2 felt mustaches. Lex and Shaylyn were both able to have a cool looking 'stache. Nathaniel opted out, though he did give me a picture.








DAY 2 - FAKE INJURY DAY
This day just had me laughing. I saw pics on Facebook and it was crazy to see what fake injuries people came up with. Nate kept things simple and just put a bandaid on his arm. Lex went a little further and had me wrap and ace bandage around his arm. Shaylyn went all out - she gave herself black eyes (using her makeup), she broke her arm again, did something to her foot and needed a bandaid for her head...








DAY 3 - CRAZY SOCK/SHOE DAY
This was also picture day, so they had to do something that wouldn't interfere with pictures. Shaylyn was the only one who cooperated this day...





DAY 4 - CAREER DAY
What do you want to be when you grow up? The boys had some interesting answers, Shaylyn's was obvious. Shaylyn has her heart set on becoming an artist, so we did her hair in a bun and put paint brushes in it. Lex came up with computer programmer - hahaha, trying to suck up to his Dad. (Shaylyn prepared a paper laptop for him even) Nate decided on a sailor. SAY WHAT?!?!? Yeah, no idea where he got that idea, nor did I know how to pull it off - but Shaylyn used her creative mind and figured it out for me.






DAY 5 - PAJAMA/CRAZY HAIR DAY
So the boys have no hair to really go crazy with and I had no dye or anything for it, so they lucked out. I left Shaylyn to her own devices...





Let's see what they come up with next year...

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...