Nov 23, 2009

17 Days of Thankful - Day #13

Posted by with No comments
Here's to more "cheating..." !!!


Thankful - Day #13: I am thankful for Shaylyn.


Shaylyn is a breath of fresh air most days. She had the biggest imagination ever! She is constantly writing books of whatever she decides she wants it to be about. She loves to read. It's been fun to watch her come home from school this year on days that she has gone to the library because she always says something like, "I found this great book and I am so excited to read it." And read it she does. There's been a few nights she has just read and read and read, that when she comes to me and says, "How long did I read?" I look at a clock and realize it's been about an hour. I guess she gets that from her dad.

Shaylyn is so smart and can figure things out without a lot of clues. Sometimes this is a good thing, othertimes - not so much.

Shaylyn is a cute little "mommy" to her baby brother as well. She is always so willing to help me out with Nathaniel on days I need that extra little help.

She is also our little chatterbox. Sometimes it's hard to listen to her constant jabbering, but I do try. I remember on a trip we took to Seattle (by car), we were on our way home from Oregon. My poor MIL was sitting next to Shaylyn and Shaylyn honestly didn't shut up the whole way. We have no idea what she was saying. My great MIL finally asked if she could give Shaylyn some Bendadryl or something to knock her out (It was getting late), so we agreed...I figure, MIL is a nurse, she's not going to harm her...Well, the Benadryl didn't do ANYTHING to Shaylyn until we were about 20 minutes from home...Crazy girl.

Shaylyn reminds me to keep imagination alive! Who cares if things can't really happen - if you can dream it, it does. She is a good example of patience. She helps me out by being able to do her homework on her own - while I am usually stressing out trying to help Tanis, she does hers on her own and hardly ever makes a mistake!


post signature

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...