Jul 8, 2008

VACATION ~ Day 7 ~ July 2, 2008

Posted by with 1 comment
We tried to get an early start, but it just didn't work out that way. We were at Grandma & Grandpa's at 9, but weren't able to leave until 10:30. Dave & Velyn had some laundry that didn't get dried, so that put them behind. Which wasn't even a big deal to me.

We said our goodbyes to Grandma & Grandpa and Eric's parents and headed out on the road for our next destination, Rapid Springs, South Dakota.


Because we weren't in a huge hurry, we made a few stops along the way. The first stop was in the Badlands. This was scary for me as I have a HUGE fear of heights. To look down and see the drop that would happen should you lose your footing - EEK! (We did get a family picture here as well, but I like how the one with Eric & the kids turned out better)




At one view point, there were 2 rabbits, in two separate places, up close and just hanging out. That was fun to see.

After the Badlands we stopped in at Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota. It was a cute place and we tried to get some dinner, but the restaurant had closed it's till.


So we headed to the hotel and got in around 11. By that time I was just too exhausted to do anything. Eric and Dave headed to Walmart to get stuff, but I just put the kids in bed and I went to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to hear there is a Wal-Mart in Wall! We are stopping there for the night on our way out to Utah in a few weeks. And, I just can't live without my 24-hour Wal-Mart ... seems I always forget something. Was Wall a nice place?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...