Jul 18, 2008

Posted by with 3 comments

So in all 100% honesty I will say that I really struggle at feeling like a good mom, wife and daughter.

It's nothing new, but I finally decided to do something that will help me a bit. I created a mini album with uplifting thoughts from General Authorities.

My plan is to change the display page weekly and during the week, focus on that quote. I may even decide to share the quote here.

Anyway, here's the completed album. I decided it was easier to make a little video rather than post each pic. (Each individual page will be posted on the website with July's update.)

You will probably want to hit the stop button on the music player at the bottom of the page so you don't have a bunch of music playing.

3 comments:

  1. I think your idea is terrific! I also like to have quotes around me reminding me that I'm not alone in being a wife, mother and daughter. In fact right by my computer I have a bunch of quotes from Elder Ballard's talk from last General Conference (Daughters of God) posted. I have it there as sort of a pick-me-up when I'm feeling like I'm lacking. I hope you're not beating yourself up too much, Shilo. I know I don't know you as well as others, but I can tell by your blog that you are a very caring person, trying to do the best that you know how. And you have your hands full, just like me! :) : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute book! I can't wait to see them on your website update so I can take the time to read all the quotes.

    I know how you feel. It's so hard to feel like you are doing well and your best when you see other women dealing with things that you don't have to deal with ... and who seem to be surviving through them and doing well in every other aspect of their life. (Believe me, I know a few of those.) I think it's great that you've come up with a way to help you to stay focussed on the important stuff, and be a little "pick-me-up." I should do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! Good job with it. Wow. Every once in a while we could all use a little "pick-me-up."

    And thanks for your comments! You're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...