Dec 1, 2013

Eric's #34

Posted by with No comments
Eric had planned a day-long game night to celebrate his birthday. He would've been content to just do a night session, but one of his friends could only make it during the day and he wanted to include him. So after getting permission from both me and his mom (hahaha), he decided he'd have a couple 'sessions'. His first session was supposed to start around noon.

Originally I wasn't sure what I was going to do all day. I thought I might go visit my mom or something of that nature. I thought maybe I'd take the kids and do some window shopping. Well the night before Eric's mom decided that we should go shopping. I really wanted to go shopping, but didn't want to mess up Eric's plans by making him babysit. Eric's brother, Greg was around while we were discussing options and he volunteered to babysit. After some hesitation (I really don't like to be an imposition on anyone), I decided I'd take Jace and go shopping with Eric's mom. I figured that if things got really bad, Eric was just in the basement and he'd still be there to deal with his kids.

Eric's mom had to run some other errands in the morning and was back around 1. After a quick lunch we headed out. We shopped at a few store and I got a good jump on Christmas shopping. Probably the first time that's ever happened. Jace was pretty good and slept most of the time. We stopped and got Arby's to take back to Greg and the kids. Eric ate with his friends.

We got back around 6 and being the great mother that she is, Eric's mom made Rice Krispie treats for him since he doesn't like cake. She called Eric upstairs so she could get his traditional 'birthday cake' pictures.




Then, we got some of him and most of his kids...



I believe Ailey was asleep and Nate was being his usual, cooperative self. But that's okay, because earlier in the night, Shirley got this cute one of Nate.


Eric was ready to head back downstairs to his buddies and forget all about me. But we gave him such a hard time about it that he came back and we got some pictures, but we were laughing so it is what it is. 



While Eric went and finished up his games, I got our stuff all packed up and ready to go. The kids helped Grandma start decorating her Christmas tree and after I got the stuff all packed up I sat and watched some shows on Food Network that Greg was already watching.

We got home pretty late, but it meant the kids went to bed easily. I gave Eric his gift, which was a fleece blanket with wolves on it when we got home. He liked it but, of course, it's a little short for his tall frame. 

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...