Sep 28, 2010

Because I Needed This Reminder...

Posted by with 2 comments
... I'm sharing it with you.

There was a time in my life where I had a fascination with Precious Moments. So much so, that when I was looking for a baby book (scrapbook) I found a Precious Moments one and HAD to have it. Well, I didn't want to ruin the original so I decided to copy the pages so that I could use it again if we had more boys. (So maybe, techically it's a bit illegal...)

Anyway, so because this books pages were super shiny, the pictures didn't scan in well so I was on the look out for the same pictures, but of a better quality. Which then led to a number of books bought just for the purpose of having the pictures.

So, why am I sharing this: one such book is a big book of stories and poems and I decided to read some to Lex last night for his reading. And in last night's reading I came across the following poem and it was so very needed yesterday. I am now sharing it with any of you who may need the kick in the head as well.


I'M THANKFUL FOR BRUSHES AND BROOMS

I heard Mom say as she scrubbed today,
"I'm thankful for brushes and brooms.
I'm glad to clean my cozy house
That's filled with cheerful rooms."

I heard Mom say at the washing machine,
"I'm thankful for dirty clothes.
I'm glad that I have a healthy child
Who can play each day she grows."


I heard Mom say at the sink tonight,
"I'm thankful for dirty dishes.
I'm glad we filled our plates with food
Instead of empty wishes."


I heard Mom say in her prayers tonight,
"I'm thankful for problems today.
If life never got a little bit rough,
I might forget to pray."

(My problems yesterday included being spit up on multiple times, as you can read in my previous post.)


~~~ V. Gilbert Beers

post signature

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...