Nov 21, 2008

How Old Am I?

Posted by with 2 comments
So last Sunday, the 16th was my birthday. We had a great dinner at Eric's parents house and an even better birthday cake. Okay, so maybe the cake wasn't better than the food, it was just all good.

Anyway a couple months ago, my friend Marisa, posted her 29 favorites on her birthday, and I decided it was something I would copy. Because that's just how I work. So here you have it 29 of my favorites - for those who want to know. (Thanks again for the idea, Marisa)

1. Movie: I really don't have a favorite, can you believe that?

2. Soda: Anything fruity, usually Sunkist, though
3. Color: Purple, Yellow and Pink - In that order

4. Cake: Jello Cake used to take the cake, but since my MIL made an ice cream cake for my bday, it is the new winner!
5. Breakfast: Waffles
6. Sandwich: Turkey & Cheese

7. Sport to Play: Softball
8. Sport to Watch: Baseball
9. College Team: I should say BYU, so I don't get kicked out of the family, but honestly I just don't care.

10. Song: At the moment it would have to be "Around the World," but give it a few days and I'll have a new fave.
11. Book: Anything by Jodi Picoult

12. Period in History: Probably the Rennaisance (sp?)
13. Room in Our House: Anywhere Quiet
14. Place ever Visited: South Dakota
15. Dream Car: Another thing I don't have...
16. Car ever Driven: My current car - Suzuki XL-7

17. Summer Pasttime: Camping
18. Winter Pasttime: Playing in the Snow

19. Family Activity: Any type of Outing
20. Video Game: American Idol, Guitar Hero & Rock Band
21. Way to Relax: Bubble Bath
22. Way to Kill Time: MySpace, Facebook and Blogs

23. Obligatory Work Activity: Vacumning
24. Restaurant: Olive Garden

25. Thing I've Made: Calendar Scrapbooks for my Grandma's
26. Musical: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

27. Article of Clothing: My Jeans
28. Thing about My Husband: That he ALWAYS checks with me first before making plans
29. Thing about Me: That I am not very judgemental and am always willing to think of why people may act the way they do before making assumptions. (I do sometimes slip-up though)

And there you have it. 29 of my favorite things. And here's a quick little story for you on how I got my name.

So in the 70's my parents were fans of an artist named Neil Diamond. He sang a song entitled, "Shilo." Ever since my parents heard the song and the whole time I was growing up we thought that the "Shilo" mentioned in the song was a girl. However, I just recently found out that "Shilo" is actually a male.

My world came crashing down the day I found that out. Ah well - not much I can do now, except for maybe changing my name...But who wants the hassle of that? And besides, I've grown kind of fond of my name and it's originality!

And because I like to ramble, here is a vid of "Shilo" and the lyrics.




Young child with dreams
Dream every dream on your own
When children play
Seems like you end up alone

Papa says he'd love to be with you
If he had the time
So you turn to the only friend you can find
There in your mind

Shilo when I was young
I used to call your name
When no one else would come
Shilo you always came
And we'd play

Young girl with fire
Something said she understood
I wanted to fly
She made me feel like I could
Held my hand and I let her take me
Blind as a child
All I saw was the way that she made me smile
She made me smile

Shilo when I was young
I used to call your name
When no one else would come
Shilo you always came
And you'd stay

Had a dream and it filled me with wonder
She had other plans
Got to go and I know that you'll understand
I understand

Shilo when I was young
I used to call your name
When no one else would come
Shilo you always came
Come today

Shilo....Shilo....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, happy birthday! Welcome to the 29 club! (Can you believe we're that old? I mean, 29 seemed so old when we were teenagers, and now I'm saying things like, "We'll be around 50 when our children are out of te house. That's still pretty young ... and I can't wait to be able to do so much then.")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. That's kinda funny about your name :) It's a fun story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...