Dec 21, 2010

Christmas Countdown - Day 8 (December 12)

Posted by with No comments
"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions, yea, God has delivered me from prison and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."

Alma 36:27


This is my favorite scripture and it has been for about 16 years now.

I told my mom this: "I know I don't have major struggles, but I have felt supported through my day to day trials."

Now, had I known what my mom was doing, I would have added more. Something like:

"The day I first read this scripture, REALLY read the scripture it stuck with me for days! I don't remember exactly what I was going through at the time, but I remember feeling just 'stuck' and not sure how to get 'unstuck'. After reading this scripture, it reminded me that I needed to trust my Heavenly Father more than I was doing at that time.

I still have days where I feel 'stuck' and then realize that I am not putting my full trust in my Heavenly Father. If I do put my trust in Heavenly Father, I can make it through any trial I may be put through!"

I've also always been partial to the Alma's since that was also my Grandfather's given name. Sappy, maybe, but it's true.

The gift for today was chains
(Lex was so very proud of his PacMan stuffy that he made, that he wouldn't get rid of it for the picture...Ah, well.)

post signature

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...