Dec 8, 2010

Christmas Countdown - Day 4 (December 8)

Posted by with No comments
"For, behold, you should not have feared man more than God... And behold, how oft you have transgressed the commandments and the laws of God, and have gone on in the persuasions of men. ...men set at naught the counsels of God, and despise his words."

Doctrine and Covenants 3:7 [6]


This is my mom's favorite scripture.

Her reasoning for this is: "At a time when I was struggling with self-esteem issues and worrying about what others were thinking of me, my mother just happened to point this scripture out as one that had made an impression on her. This scripture has stuck with me ever since. I try to remember who it is that I need to please. Now that I am older I find the scripture that precedes verse 7 and the rest of verse 7 also worthy of reflection. I hear a warning voice within."


(Nate was ornery because it wasn't his turn to open the gift, so he refused to get in the pic)

We now have MAN for our tree.
(Seeing as how Tanis hid it in the group pic, it's a good thing I took this one too.)

post signature

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...