Oct 17, 2008

Music Junkie Part Deux

Posted by with 1 comment
So because I am tired, but still have a house to clean, children to get ready and all that good stuff I figure I need some motivation and motivation for me comes in the form of music - it gets me moving.

I also have something interesting to post about yesterday, but I don't have pictures (yet) so I am waiting until then. So onto part two of my music likes....

1. WHEEL OF FORTUNE - Ace of Base
I admit it, I liked "The Sign" album and most of the songs on it. This song in particular I like because of the lyrics and all the figurative language used.

2. DEAD! - My Chemical Romance
This song is really only because of the beat. I fell "in love" with the beat playing Guitar Hero. This song is tons of fun to play. So then I had to get the real song. It is a little more "rock" than I like though.

3. EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE - Brooke White
Okay, I am also an American Idol fan. Last season I took a likeing (sp?) to Brooke White. She wasn't my most favorite, but I did like her. And as I said on the previous music junkie post - I love when people are mad talented at piano. She is one such person. Plus, I've always just liked this song - even though it is a little stalkerish... ;)

4. MY LIFE - Billy Joel
Another one of those songs I remember my mom listening to when I was young.

5. ALL THE SMALL THINGS - Blink-182
Lyrics again. Isn't it really all the small things that make you fall in love and stay in love?

6. PROVE - Shannon Noll
Sorry this is going to be a novel of an explanation. I am fond of saying, "What About Me?" and I said it so much that a few years ago Eric said there is a song by that title. He couldn't remember who sang it or anything, so after much research, he found a cut of it by Australia's Idol. FYI - Shannon is a guy... So, Eric tracked down his CD on Amazon and ordered it. Prove is one of the songs on it and I SWEAR this is another song Eric could have written. You can find the lyrics here. Eric has said the phrase "Pretend I can't read your mind" many, many times.

7. WHAT ABOUT ME - Keith Urban
Interesting...On the topic of what about me... Different song, same title. Another song with a good beat & lyrics.

8. STUPID GIRLS - Pink
She hits the nail on the head here. While many women are very into learning and doing all they can to become intelligent and gain knowledge, there is still a quite of girls who want to play dumb. This song is also really talking about the Hollywood scene and we all know how many of those girls are just "stupid".

9. HOW YOU REMIND ME - Nickelback
A group Eric got me interested in. Not really much else to say...Although they are also another group that is a little more "rock" than I usually like.

10. HOW MANY WORDS - Blake Lewis
Okay, another Idol man. I have posted about him before. Anyway, I guess I should just say that I adore anyone who is crazy musically talented. I really didn't like him at first, but as time wore on I realized just how talented he was and he amazes me. As for the song - it's just his voice and the beat...Nuff said.

11. OPPORTUNITIES (LET'S MAKE LOTS OF MONEY) - Pet Shop Boys
Another reality show I used to watch: Beauty and the Geek... This was the theme song and I really, really liked it. Still do, not really sure why...

12. FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DIAL DRUNK - Plain White T's
The lyrics and beat again. Plus this song hits close to home, though I am not going to go into details about it.

13. VENTURA HIGHWAY - America
Makes me want to go on a roadtrip. And for some reason it makes me think of my parents, so much so that it's my ringtone for them.

14. I AM I SAID - Neil Diamond
This song speaks to the poet in me.

15. IN TERMS OF LOVE - SHeDAISY
Another song about exes. But it shows how as time goes things and perceptions change. Plus it has one of my very favorite lines: "I'll bother with tomorrow once I've made it through today."

16. MY GROWN UP CHRISTMAS LIST - Donny Osmond
Another admition? I love Donny Osmond's voice and this is one of my fave Christmas songs. Put the two together and I am in heaven...

17. YOU'RE NOT MY GOD - Keith Urban
Oooh, this song almost gives me chills. It speaks so correctly about the condition of society and how money is so "important". And all the pitfalls that can come with being so wrapped up in money.

18. AFFIRMATION - Savage Garden
This song has so many of the same beliefs I have it's amazing. It always makes me want to make a list of my beliefs...I never do, but I always want to.

19. TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE HEART - Carly Smithson
One of my all time favorite songs and another Idol contestant. I love the fact that this version sounds just like the original with the exception of the background singers. It's the romantic in me. Plus, this is one song that on the American Idol video game I can nail on any difficulty...Go me! ;)

20. DON'T GIVE UP ON US BABY - Donny Osmond
Another song descriptive of the relationship with Eric. When things get hard, sadly I want to just give up on everything - at times, it seems easier. This song is especially nice to hear the night after one of those huge fights.

21. MIAMI - Will Smith
Hahaha, just a song that takes me back to High School. At the time, I really didn't listen to Will Smith or the "popular" radio station, so I didn't really know a lot of songs. But I had a friend who would sing the phrase, "Welcome to Miami" at the most random times.

22. HURT - Christina Aguilera
This song makes me think of my sister, even though she hasn't passed on - which is weird, seeing as how this song kind of hints at that. Anyway, my big sister and I really didn't get along growing up - we were too opposite. But for whatever reason, I really wanted her to like me, so I tried to be like her. When I wasn't able to do that, I blamed her for a lot of my failures and blamed her when I felt my parents gave her more attention.

23. GIRLFRIEND - Avril Lavigne
Hahaha. This song just makes me laugh. I've been in that position before. Of course, I was never so vocal about it.

24. HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO - Jennifer Saunders (Shrek 2)
Another song that has been a long time favorite. When I heard this song on Shrek 2, I loved it even more. I like how they made it a bit quicker and more
upbeat.

25. THE REASON - Hoobastank
I don't think anyone can't relate with the song. I think there is a point in everyone's life when they change, maybe even just a bit, because of someone/something that has impacted their lives.

26. WITHOUT YOU - Kimberly Locke with Clay Aiken
I don't know, just a song that I really like. It always makes me think of what would happen should something happen to Eric...I would be totally lost and wouldn't know how to go on with life.

27. I'M ALIVE - Neil Diamond
A song that speaks to being thankful for the fact that you are alive and for all the other blessings that are yours. Such an uplifting song.

28. CARELESS WHISPER - (Unsure)
Oh how scary it is to keep secrets and to never know if the secret was revealed to someone you'd rather didn't know it..

29. CONCRETE ANGEL - Martina McBride
Such a sad song. If you haven't heard it, it's about child abuse and the abuse getting so bad the parent actually kills the kid. This is an issue that makes me so angry anyway. But at the end of the song it shows that the little girl is in a much happier place and over her grave is an angel. Good song, if you haven't heard it you should.

30. FIGURE IT OUT - Plain White T's
Ending this on a positive note. This is a funny song. That's all there is to it.

Okay, now the house is clean - I've got to take care of the kids. Get them lunch and maybe take advantage of the warm weather and take them to the park.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...