Oct 8, 2008

Music Junkie

Posted by with No comments
We all know how good I am at "stealing" other people's ideas, so this is just another installment of someone else's idea.

When I ran across this on someone else's blog, I had to do the same as my music likes are so varied. This is also funny because I really didn't listen to music until I was like 12. I gave my older brother a hard time constantly cause he was so into music, but eventually I succumbed. By doing this, I figured I could shed some light as to why I like certain songs.

This is also just one more way for people who don't know me real well, to get another peek inside.

I am going to list some songs (played randomly) and give an explanation for the song. Now normally people would do this with their Ipod or Zune or whatever (FYI - I got my Zune for Mother's Day), but because I am on the computer, I am just going to use the Zune Music Player, because it has all the songs that are on my Zune anyway.

On to the music...

1. LET THEM BE LITTLE - LONESTAR
How could you be a parent and not LOVE this song? I think I heard this song for the first time, shortly after Lex was born. How true this song is and such a great reminder of how quickly they grow up. I think I should print this song out and put it in my bathroom or something so that I can keep it forefront in my mind.

2. ALMOST - BOWLING FOR SOUP
So, it's not the most wowing song and maybe not so "nice," but hey - don't we all have moments when we "ALMOST" got something and then after time passed by, we realize we really didn't want it anyway?

3. I GET WEAK - BELINDA CARLISLE
I wasn't old enough to really be a true '80's kid, but somewhere along the way, I fell in love with the music. Plus, I am just a hopeless romantic, so that is where this song falls into place.

4. THE LOVE THAT WE LOST - CHELY WRIGHT
All of us married folk know the times where somehow you just drift apart for whatever the reason. It really takes time and work to stay together and to get that love back. This song is just a reminder of that. There is a line that says, "Reflected in our children's eyes." For me, it's hard to not love Eric when I look at our children.

5. CHRISTMAS THROUGH YOUR EYES - GLORIA ESTEFAN
For a long time (when I was a teen) I didn't really care for this song. But as I had kids it took on whole new meaning. I've really found myself not relishing a lot of things like I did when I was a kid. So anytime I hear this song it's just one of those things where I want to try harder to just enjoy life and not worry about things so much!

6. LENINGRAD - BILLY JOEL
First of all, I have to blame my mom for my love of Billy Joel. She constantly listened to his records when I was growing up. While I didn't pay much attention in history and truth be told, don't pay much attention now, either, it's interesting to hear how different life could be in another country and how much we take for granted over here. But all in all, how people are people and we can all get along no matter nationality.

7. I WILL REMEMBER YOU - AMY GRANT
Again, the hopeless romantic in me comes out. That's about all it boils down to. But of course this song always makes me think of past crushes and boyfriends. I've been lucky enough to stay friends with them, so it's not awkward to run into them. They each also taught me something about me, so I am forever thankful for that.

8. IT MUST BE YOU - JIM BRICKMAN
This man is mad talented when it comes to the piano. I LOVE his music. It's one of those things that when I need some peace and some calm, I turn on his music and instantly relax. Plus, I love when people are so talented at the piano cuz it's something I wish I had more talent for.

9. KEEP COMING BACK - RICHARD MARX
Not sure what to say about this one. I just kind of like it and it came on the CD that had another song I really wanted, so it's just there.

10. WAITING FOR MAGIC - ACE OF BASE
I'd like to see any 90's kid who didn't know who Ace of Base was...There is just something about the beat in this song and the fact that it is referencing Snow White is funny.

11. GO AWAY - GLORIA ESTEFAN
There was this boy in 8th grade who asked me "out" at the end of 8th grade. Of course, I said yes, but it didn't really mean anything. After a couple months and years later I found out he only did it on a "dare." Stupid kid. Anyway, anytime I hear this song, I think of him...Huh... (Yes Marisa, it's probably who you are thinking of)

12. I AM YOUR CHILD - BARRY MANILOW
I told you my music interests were varied. I heard this song forever ago and fell in love with it. I love my parents and I am so thankful for them. This song is such a reminder of that.

13. IT MATTERS TO ME - FAITH HILL
I hate silence. I hate when Eric doesn't talk to me and I can tell that he is upset or that he is thinking about something. Even if it's nothing major in his eyes, I need him to tell me. It matters to me. :D

14. HELP! - THE BEATLES
This is so true to my life. I always feel that I need someone to help me, yet it's so hard for me to ask for that.

15. I WISH YOU'D STAY - BRAD PAISLEY
Who hasn't had someone move out of their life? Growing up it seemed that every time I made a "best friend" they would inevitably move away and we lost touch. True, this song is about a boyfriend/girlfriend situation, but the heartache is still there. It was a hard growing up because it really happened quite a bit within only a few years.

16. MAKING MEMORIES OF US - KEITH URBAN
It's the romantic in me. What girl wouldn't want a man to tell her all the things Keith is singing in this song?

17. HATE 2 LOVE HER - BLAKE LEWIS
Love this songs beat. Plus, who hasn't fell for someone they really can't stand at points?

18. DON'T SHUT ME OUT - KEITH URBAN
This is one song, that if I didn't know better, I would think Eric wrote. I always think of Eric when I hear this song. He's said some of these exact things to me throughout our marriage. I tend to withdraw and it drives him crazy.

19. GIRL, YOU'LL BE A WOMAN SOON - NEIL DIAMOND
Another singer I like because of my mom and another song Eric could've written. There was a lot of opposition from my immediate family and friends when I started dating Eric. This song is so reminiscent of that.

20. AFTER ALL - CHER & SOME OTHER GUY (CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME)
Eric and I have been through a lot of ups and downs throughout our relationship, as most married people have, but somehow we always end up closer together. Just one of those songs I love for the lyrics.

21. RONNIE - FRANKI VALLI & THE FOUR SEASONS
So, it's not so much the song, it's the group. Just another group I fell in love with because of my mom. :D

22. LAST CHRISTMAS - DARREN HAYES
I don't really care who is singing this song as long as they don't change it much from the original. This is one of my fave popular/non traditional Christmas songs. I'm not sure why, but it is. And I only have the Christmas on here because it's too much hassle to take it off and put them all back on every December.

23. ALL OUT OF LOVE - DONNY OSMOND
Another musician I turn to when I need some calm in my life. I love his voice and this song is one of the quiet ones. And it's another one that I can relate to.

24. TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR - TAYLOR SWIFT
I'm sure we've all (at least the girls) cried over some stupid guy who didn't have a clue and kept talking about his latest crush. My best guy friend when I was 16 was like this. I had the biggest crush on him, but he just kept talking about some girl I didn't even know. I eventually moved on and was able to talk to him about Eric, but for awhile this song just fit.

25. ODE TO MY FAMILY - THE CRANBERRIES
Pretty much some things I would say to my family. Sometimes I felt a little overshadowed in my family and wondered if I was really "wanted" because I was born so closely after my brother, when all the other siblings were 3 - 4 years apart and we were only 1 1/2 years apart. Things have been sorted out since then, but this song rings true for that.

26. AN OPEN COVER - BRYCE NEUBERT
Yup, I have religious music as well. It helps calm me as well. This song in particular always makes me want to pick up my Book of Mormon, although usually when I hear it I am not at a place to do so.

27. I'M GONNA MISS HER - BRAD PAISLEY
Brad Paisley cracks me up. Some of his songs are just hilarious. This is one such song. It reminds me of my brother in law as well. He would rather sit on a lake all day and catch nothing, than sit around doing what most other guys would be doing.

28. IT NEVER WOULDA WORKED OUT ANYWAY - BRAD PAISLEY
Yes, I have a lot of Brad Paisley and yes, this is another funny song. If you haven't heard it he's talking to someone he likes and he's told all these other guys a bunch of lies about her. It's just hilarious.

29. UNKNOWN - CHELY WRIGHT
Another song that speaks from my heart. I could've almost wrote it. "I don't want to be unknown, the little that make me who I am, I need to share. I need to know that someone cares."

30. THE REAL ME - CLAY AIKEN
I once wrote a poem about the real me (I'll try to find it and post it if I do)...it's another song that speaks about seeing what's deep inside. Eric's the only person who's been able to do so. My parents don't even see some of what I hide inside, but Eric can tell what's going on just by looking. He says he can't read my mind, but I think he really can.

There you go...Just 30 of tons of songs...I may do this again in the future as well, so keep a look out.

I would love to get a list from all of you as well, if you feel so inclined.

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...