Sep 4, 2009

While The Cat's Away...

Posted by with No comments

...The mice will play. And that we certainly did do.

Because I am apt to get lonely without the hubby around, I decided to go bug my little sister, nephew and brother in law on Wednesday night.

They recently moved to Pleasant Grove, which means they are about 20 minutes closer than they were before. For me, this is a good thing...for the brother in law, it may not be.
There cute little apartment is HUGE...They have probably the same square footage that we have on our top level of our house. It kinda makes me want to move, kinda.

Anyway, so the kids and I were hanging out on Wednesday night trying to figure out what to do. Well for anyone who knows my little sister and/or I - neither one of us is very decisive. We like people giving us ideas and even better, people making the decisions for us!

So we had no idea what we wanted to do. Somehow the idea of going to the apartment complex's swimming pool was brought up. Not sure if my brother in law mentioned it or my cute little nephew, but either way the idea was brought up and my swim deprived children just wouldn't let it rest.

Well, I hadn't brought the kids swim suits or mine, and I was really too tired to drive back to EM to get the swim suits just to turn around and head back to PG. So, we decided we'd run to Wal-Mart to see if they had any "cheap" swimsuits.

We get to Wal-Mart and at first have a hard time finding any swim suits, but then...we found them. The store only had like 1 one-piece suit for a little girl and sadly, it was too big for Shaylyn. So, as much as I didn't want to do it - we got Shaylyn a bikini...HONESTLY, I HATE little girls in bikinis. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR THEM! I still don't like the fact that I got my little girl a bikini, but it was only $2 so if she never wears it again, it won't be a complete loss.

Then, we went to the boys section and lucked out, yet again. We were able to find swimsuits, with a shirt and flip-flops for $5.

We then took on the task of finding me a swimsuit...Well, I think they had women's suits all put away or whatever, cause we couldn't find A THING. So I opted for workout shorts and a tank top. It worked.

Best news of all - we got all that swimming attire for around $20. That's swimming attire for 4 people for $20. I was floored, but glad that I didn't have to spend a crap load of money for new suits that weren't really needed.

After our adventure at the store we headed back to my sisters and got in the pool. The kids had a blast! Even Nathaniel, who previously HATED swimming pools because of the cold water, was having a blast. Just Nathaniel having such a great time made my whole night!

Anyway, I will leave you with pics from the night! And Kaeloni, Cody & Ty thanks for entertaining us all night - and for your Mac & Cheese. We will repay that at some future date. ;)




post signature

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...