Oct 26, 2007

Getting Caught Up...Sorta...

Posted by with 1 comment



So I spent most of my afternoon yesterday scrapbooking! It's been a few months since I've actually sat down to do anything in regards to scrapbooking.


The last time I did sit down to do anything, I spent time figuring out the way I wanted the scrapbook pictures of Shaylyn from September of 2003. Yeah, that makes me 4 years behind...(hehehe).


Anyway, so I had all the layouts planned out and even had gone as far as figuring out which papers to use and I had all the journaling strips and everything done. Then it all just sat and sat and sat!


Yesterday I figured it would be a good day to start pulling all this stuff together again and to actually DO something with it. Eric was going to be gone all day and night, as it was his game night. He plays down in the valley, so I don't see him till really late every Thursday night. Tanis and Shaylyn were also in school for a couple more hours and Lex was happy watching a movie.
So, I gathered all the stuff together that I needed and got busy. In total I finished all but 1 of the pages I had all figured out for her. I told myself I needed to stop at 6 to clean everything up and get dinner made. In all I made 6 1/2 pages. I was very happy with myself.
The two layouts I posted in this post were 2 of my favorites. I ALWAYS have a couple that don't turn out quite how I planned, but what can you do? I will be posting all of the layouts I did on the website when I do the update for November.
One quick story to leave you with. Last night I made Waffles, Bacon & Eggs for dinner. Eric doesn't really care for "breakfast" at night, so I've kinda gotten into the habit of having "breakfast" for dinner most Thursday nights when Eric isn't home to complain.
I figured all the kids are usually happy with waffles or pancakes for dinner, so I shouldn't have any problems. WRONG!
Shaylyn started throwing a fit saying she didn't want waffles. I told her I wasn't going to make anything special for her. So she decided that she wanted to have (Hold your stomaches here) Mayonnaise, Pickles and Cheese put on her waffle, then she wanted another waffle on top...A sandwich type thing.
I was SURE she would take one bite and wouldn't finish the thing at all! How very wrong I was. She actually ate the WHOLE thing and even finished the eggs and bacon that I had put to the side.
Where she gets her guts and her tastes, I don't know. But it is something I WILL NEVER try. But if she will eat it, then more power to her.

1 comment:

  1. I like your layouts! Can't wait to see the rest. It's great that you made the time to get so much done. I still have yet to make the time to do the demo cards I need to do for my card exchange next month. Oh, wait ... I have two weeks! AAAHHHHH!
    Oh, and I think it's awesome you actually made the pickle waffle sandwich for Shaylyn ... I would have simply said, "You wouldn't like it and I'm not wasting the food. You'll just have to eat waffles with the rest of it, or go hungry." It shows you are much more flexible and willing to let your children experience new things than I am. Thanks for the encouragement to do it more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...