Oct 12, 2007

As Promised...

Posted by with 1 comment
As promised in the previous post, here are the kids' school pictures. I was pretty pleased overall. Six months ago when they all had their pictures taken, I didn't care for Shaylyn's much.

I had made the mistake of pulling her hair back and she had a very goofy grin. This time around though, I like all of them and am very happy that they turned out as well as they did.

I also forgot to post on my "Some New Favorites" post a recipe I found for Play-Doh! The only reason I do remember now is because of a friend of mine posted a recipe on her blog for something else, but that was enough to turn the light on in my brain.

Shaylyn's take home folder had a recipe in it for Play-Doh for her to use in some of the homework that she has. The problem was the folder was always with her at school when I decided to look into making the Play-Doh. So, I got online and found this site...Sensory Processing Disorder.


Anyway here is the recipe.

COOKED PLAY-DOH

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 cup water with preferred color food coloring
1 tablespoon oil


Mix all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until it forms into a ball and becomes "translucent", not "milky". Knead dough. Store in plastic covered bowl in refrigerator when not using it.

Like I said I LOVE this recipe. This play-doh isn't sticky at all! Even after refrigerating it for a couple days, it still wasn't sticky or even rock hard. It was cold, but totally pliable.
The kids have totally loved having this. I tried to make one for each of the kids, but ended up running out of ingredients both times...

The first day I made it, I barely had enough salt to make one. The next time I tried to make it, I ran out of the Cream of Tartar...So I suggest you make sure you have plenty of the ingredients to make as many as you want/need.

Yesterday, my little sister and I took the kids to Gardner Village for a tiny petting zoo and for a ride on a pony. I will post those pictures in the next couple of days.

Hope all is well!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute pictures! And, thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try that one next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...