Nov 22, 2013

Fall Ball

Posted by with 1 comment
On November 21, the elementary school had a Fall Ball. Somewhere along the way some kids thought they should ask other kids to the dance. Say what?!?! This is elementary school. Whoever got this idea had it all wrong as it was meant to be a family activity, but it didn't stop kids as young as Lex's age asking each other to this ball.

Shaylyn and Lex both insisted on dressing up. Silly children. The rest of the kids and I just went as we were. It was just like any dance where there's tons of people hugging the wall and a few people dancing. They had a fundraiser bake sale going on and for some reason I had some cash on me, so I let the kids get a few things.

The rest of the night I spent in the corner snuggling with Jace, who decided to fall asleep at some point. Tanis and Ailey sat around for the most part, but Ailey really wanted to dance and her big brother was awesome and took her to the floor to dance.


Nate, Lex and Shaylyn all took turns running around with friends. Poor Nathaniel literally had 2 girls pulling at him. One on each arm. He didn't know one of the girls, but he knew the other girl. He was so upset that they kept chasing him and pulling on him that he literally broke down in tears. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry right along with him.

I'm not sure what was with my camera, but a lot of the pictures didn't turn out real great...













The kids had a good night and though I really didn't want to take them, at the end of the night I was glad I did. It was good for them to let loose and have some fun.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...