Jul 10, 2013

Splish, Splash

Posted by with No comments
I've been a very boring mom this summer. Being 7 & 8 months pregnant hasn't exactly agreed with the super high temps we've been experiencing.

I've tried to let the kids play with friends as much as they've wanted and they've swam in our pool a few times, but actually getting out and doing things just hasn't happened.

Yesterday morning I got an email from my friend Heather saying that she needed to get out of the house and was going to take her kids to the local splash park around 12:30 and said it'd be fun to meet up. I decided I needed to get out of the house and the kids would have fun being with their friends.

We got there a little before Heather and her kids, so my kids went straight to getting wet. Except for Nathaniel, who really has something against water. I was so proud of Ailey, she wanted almost absolutely nothing to do with the splash park last year, but this year she kept going back and getting a little braver each time.

Neither family of kids lasted very long. My kids were hungry and I think Heather's kids were just tired or something. Instead of playing in the water, all the older kids decided to play freeze tag instead. I didn't really mind, they were playing and having fun and that's all that mattered.

Heather's 2 year old, Griffin kept yelling at Ailey to go play in the water and she would readily agree, but run back to me when she got too close to the water. She was fun to watch and I always enjoy watching her play with her friends.








All in all it was a good day. After we came home and had some lunch, the kids went to Heather's house and I think they played with water balloons and the hose. I'm not positive as to what they did, but they all came home soaked.

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...