Jul 27, 2013

Pioneer Day

Posted by with 1 comment
I woke up feeling very defeated. Not sure what was going on, but I was just not in a good mood. Eric was trying to think of things to make me happier, but he was also tired and I just didn't know what I wanted.

We didn't have any plans because I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the baby. Because all of kids have been born early, I didn't want to take any chances and make any real set plans. Eric's Dad had mentioned the Bees Games weeks earlier, but I didn't want him spending the money if we weren't going to be able to be there, so we decided we'd play it by ear. We never heard from Eric's Dad again, so he probably wasn't up to going anyway.

We finally decided to play a game of Legendary with Tanis. It's odd, but it's a game I really enjoy - though Tanis has a way of beating Mom and Dad almost every stinkin' time. This day was no exception, he beat us by probably about 10 points. I was behind Eric by I think, 3.

It was then that we thought we should let the kids swim. Ailey had fallen asleep and Nate, as stated previously, has a thing against the water - so it was just the 3 older kids. They have so much fun together and it was fun to sit and watch them, while talking to Eric. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon.





...She has NO FEAR, just dives on in...





Eric then went to buy some fireworks. He knew it would make me happy. So while he was gone, I straightened the house again. When Eric got home, he took some time to play one of his video games for about an hour. 

When it started to get just before dark, we took the kids out to start our night. Eric had bought a box of Pop-It's for each of the kids. They all had so much fun and Ailey was just hilarious to watch.













After the Pop-It's it wasn't quite dark enough for real fireworks, so Eric sent up the Parachutes. All 3 or 4 that he bought landed on peoples roofs. That was laughs enough almost for the night. When it finally got a bit darker, we started the fireworks. The kids were CRAZY, but enjoyed the show. We had an option of going to the next street over for a neighborhood firework show, but truth be told - I was feeling very anti-social. (It's been happening a lot)

...Our resident pyro...







Our next door neighbors also opted not to go to the neighborhood thing and had bought just a couple fireworks, so they were out doing theirs. When they had finished they brought over a whole bag of random ice cream treats (his Dad works for an ice cream company or something). The kids were in HEAVEN. We visited with the neighbors for a few minutes, then they decided to call it a night. We had just a few more fireworks to finish, so we did that.




When all the fireworks were done, we still had sparklers to play with. The kids all decided they were magic wands and we heard lots of magic words thanks to Tanis' new video game.









...This was how Ailey decided she wanted to spend Sparkler time...

The kids then ran right inside and Eric and I sat outside for a few minutes just watching the few fireworks we could see from the neighborhood thing and some that a guy down the street was doing. We decided we should probably go inside and see what the kids were up to.

We then decided to play Saboteur. Eric had recently bought it, but we hadn't had a chance to play it. I had only played it once before and the kids had never played it. After explaining it to the older kids, we got started. Some of the kids didn't quite get it the 1st round, but they had it figured out by the next round. At the end of the game, I was the winner. I was pleased with that.

It was then bedtime. I was thankful to have had a quiet day with just our family and even more thankful for a patient husband who does what he can to keep me happy (even if that means heading into 'town' 2 times in one day)!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fun day with your little family. Wish I would've known. Our plans got botched a few times! We had a family night as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...