May 30, 2013

Little Thespian

Posted by with No comments
A few weeks ago Shaylyn told me that her class was doing A Midsummer Night's Dream towards the end of the year and she was chosen to play the fairy queen, Tytania. I was thrilled. I did A Midsummer Night's Dream in High School and always wanted to play Tytania. I didn't get that part, but had an okay part as Hippolyta.

Anyway, so for the past couple weeks Shaylyn's been working on the play in class. They were asked to bring in some props from home so we found a crown and wings for her to use. Her teacher apparently had a skirt that she used.

On Tuesday, the 28th it was time for the performance. Though I was frustrated because they were doing it at 8:00 in the morning and it meant I had to have me, Nate & Ailey ready all at the same time I usually send Lex & Shaylyn out the door.

We made it in plenty of time and had nice front row seats, though Nate & Ailey were in a less than cooperative mood and were talking or whiny throughout the whole performance, so I apologize for all that you hear of them in the video.

Shaylyn did a pretty good job with her expressions and I just wish they had memorized their lines a bit more. (I know, I know, they're only 5th graders) The only other thing that annoyed me was the way their teacher had taught them to say a few names. It really did annoy me. Every time Shaylyn would tell me who she was playing or anytime they said Hippolyta, my skin crawled. I had to tell Shaylyn the correct pronunciation that my DRAMA teacher had taught us in High School. Maybe my teacher was pronouncing things incorrectly, but I'm putting my eggs in her basket way before I put them in Shaylyn's teacher's basket. HAHAHA!


...Tytania in her sleep...

...Tytania and Oberon...



...Shaylyn's friend thought we should have a picture with the huge butterfly in it...





When we got home, little Ailey thought she should follow in her big sister's footsteps and become the fairy queen herself.






0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...