May 9, 2013

A New Set Of Wheels

Posted by with No comments
Shaylyn has always had a love of bikes. She was even so into bikes that she taught herself how to ride one without training wheels. Every summer she spends hours riding bikes. However, her luck of bikes isn't as great. She's gone through I don't know how many bikes in her short life. Last summer she got so desperate that she started riding my bike, which was slightly too tall for her - but she made it work.

Then a few months ago, Eric's mom told us that a lady at her work was GIVING Shaylyn a bike. Why she was giving it away and why Shaylyn was the chosen recipient, I'll never know - but Shaylyn was thrilled. It took a couple months to get it to our house due to the weather and schedules, but April 20th was THE day.

Eric's mom had called the day before asking if it would be better to bring the bike that day or the next day. We decided Saturday afternoon was best and Shaylyn was floating on air the entire day. Grandma was good and got pictures while I was busy inside.







Grandma and Grandpa even brought us lunch and Nate a little cake and some ice cream for his birthday. After lunch, trial bike run and cake - Eric and his Dad ran to the store (taking the 3 youngest) and got some groceries AND items to fix bikes for all the kids. Even Nate has a bike available to ride, we've just got to get some training wheels on it or get him outside and teach him how to ride a bike. It was a fun, fun day and I'm so thankful to Eric's parents for all they did.

I'm also thankful for a stranger giving my daughter a bike so that I have my bike back to myself now. Not that I'll get much use out of it this year.


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...