Jul 13, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!!!!

Posted by with 1 comment

So, I've been missing for awhile.

Let's just say life hasn't really been going the way I'd like it to go lately. There's been nothing major and we've had some fun, but it's also just been life.

June was a difficult month, besides Lex's birthday party flop - I also had to deal with something else that's been bothering me.

Towards the end of June I get a call from the Ward Clerk who asks me if Eric and I can meet with Bro. M. the next day at such & such time. I say yes and then spend all day wondering what the calling might be. Kind of hoping it's for Eric and not me. Eric was ready to be done with Scouts. I was hoping if it was for me it'd be a kind of side calling.

Well we go in Sunday and sure enough Eric gets released and I get 'moved'. We both get called to be in Nursery. I was 'moved' because I was already technically called to Primary and Nursery is part of Primary. Of course we accepted, but I was heartbroken. Eric was thrilled.

I absolutely LOVE the 7/8 year olds. They are AMAZING!!! I got pulled from working with them to dealing with 18 - 24 month old babies. It's not a fun adjustment. I know that sounds horrible, and I'm not really angry. I'm just sad.

It's a good thing for Ailey, however. She got to go to Nursery 4 months early and is in HEAVEN! She loves being able to play with all the toys, and having snack time. Eric is happy because he doesn't have to 'fight' with her all through church now.

The only struggle Ailey's had is jealousy here and there. She doesn't always like when Mommy or Daddy is holding another kid. But thankfully she's not a mean jealous, she just wants to be held as well.

And our ward did split this young nursery up. We only have about 10 kids as does the other class. Plus we've got about 3 or 4 coming in in the next few months. Can you imagine 2 people dealing with 20+ young toddlers? So yes, I understand why it was necessary - I'm just struggling to really be happy there. It will come with time. Especially since, for the time being, all the kids in our class are EASY and adjust fairly well. And I get to spend my whole Sunday with Eric. I've missed being in Sunday School with him. So that'll be nice.

Anyway, that's the emotional side of things. On a happier note, we just got back last weekend form a wonderful trip to Nebraska to visit Eric's maternal grandparents. It was an awesome trip.
And I know travel logs can sometimes be boring and a bit much to take all at one time, so I broke it down into days. That way if something strikes your fancy you can read it. I probably wouldn't have even shared a travel log, but like I say over and over again, this serves as my journal as well - so for my mental well being I have to do it.


DAY 1: THE ROAD IS LONG
DAY 2: HOME, SWEET HOME (TEMPORARILY)
DAY 3: A QUIET SUNDAY
DAY 4: OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS
DAY 5: WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
DAY 6: COOKIES & LATE NIGHT TALKS
DAY 7: FAMILY HISTORY LESSON
DAY 8 & 9: ON THE ROAD AGAIN




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in the nursery. I know it can be hectic and hard. You'll be good there though and at least you know it won't be FOREVER. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...