Jan 31, 2008

She's Six!!!!

Posted by with 1 comment
I don't know why, but for some reason I am really emotional about Shaylyn turning six...I'm afraid it'll be even worse in a few months when Tanis turns eight.

Anyway, yesterday was Shaylyn's birthday and she had a pretty full day. Her Kindgergarten teacher purposely had her take the snack that day, so I sent store bought sugar cookies (still don't think school allow home made things anymore). She said that her class sang to her that day AND she got to wear a little hat all day long. She seemed very happy about that. Then again, she WAS the center of attention.

Right after school we had to head to the dr. for me (well for the little baby). The baby is doing well and even kicked (AGAIN) while the dr. was checking for the heartbeat. It is funny to hear a kick at the same time you feel it. The baby did this at my last appt as well. I also had to do the Gestational Diabetes test. I had to drink a very sugary drink about a half hour before my appt. I have always had an orange flavored one, but this time I had been offered a choice of orange or fruit punch. Of course I chose fruit punch, so I could try something different.

It didn't taste too much different from a Hawaiian Punch, so I was able to finish it real easily and I think a little too fast as my stomach was reeling a bit afterwards. Anyway, so after the dr. did the checking of the heartbeat and stuff he sent the the nurse in to draw blood...Somehow I always FORGET that the test involves blood tests! I don't mind the needles so much, it is the pain afterwards.

Anyway, after the dr. we headed to my mom and dad's to pick up something for the thing I am still excited about - which should be completed this weekend. It was a quick trip - seriously, long enough to pick up what we needed, then we headed back towards home.

Because it was Shaylyn's birthday we let her decide where to stop for dinner. She of course chose Arctic Circle. I think the main reason for that is because that is one of the few places by us that has a playland.

After dinner we headed back home for presents! This was probably Shaylyn's favorite part of the day. I actually got her 2 gifts she really wanted for Christmas, but I just couldn't swing at that time. She was very happy. As I was tucking her in last night she even told me that she had a fun day! YEAH! That made me happy.

I'll leave this post by posting a couple pics of the birthday girl. (They were even taken with my "new" camera)

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! She doesn't have bangs anymore! When did that happen? Did I just miss it? Hee hee. HB-day Shaylyn!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...