Feb 7, 2008

Two of Hearts

Posted by with 1 comment
No, I am not going to break out in song or anything, just wanted to post a little story about something Lex said to me Sunday after church.
I was cleaning up dinner and Lex was hanging around in the kitchen with me. He then decided to tell me the following:

"Girls have 2 red hearts and Boys have 2 blue hearts."

And that was that. I don't know where he picked that up from or what even brought it up, but that is the wisdom from my 3 year old.

Now for another quick blurb about something that happened today...

This morning as I was cleaning the kitchen, Shaylyn was busy drawing pictures and making her own little "book". She was drawing a bunny when she said, "People can really have bunnies for pets, huh." I told her, "Yes". Then (I am not even lying) a few moments later I looked out the window over the sink and see a rabbit!

I of course had to take pictures (which are at the end of the post) as I have never seen a wild bunny before. Of course I've seen domesticated ones A LOT and dead ones that have been hit by a car, but never one out in the wild living it's life. I've also seen many bunny tracks in our backyard, but never the culprit. This is just one reason I love living out where we live. Because it still isn't too developed (there are a ton of houses, of course, but no other buildings really) and there is still quite a bit of open land, it isn't rare to see some form of wildlife.

Living out here even for just a year we have seen deer, (passed in a line right in front of the car) antelope, (right by the side of the road in big packs or whatever they are called), and now Rabbits (right in my backyard). So much fun!

So because I was so excited about seeing a rabbit so close, here are the pictures.




This last picture reminds me of the chocolate bunnies you see at Easter Time. Hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. Funny that you just posted something about rabbits. My friend was telling me the other day that my back neighbor got out his .22 and shot a jack-rabbit. I started praising him and my friend thought I was crazy. But, seriously, those rabbits drive me crazy! They always end up eating our garden and my hostas, and then they run into our garage. Not to mention the fact that when it rains our garage smells like a wet animal. Ew! Can I ship my jack-rabbits to your place???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...