Jan 17, 2008

PICTURES!!!!

Posted by with 1 comment
About a month ago I made a post about the kids getting professional pictures done in their recital costumes. What a story that ended up to be...

The day comes for the pictures and our appointment was set at like 6:15. Around 5:30 or so I tell the kids we need to start getting ready. Tanis does awesome and gets ready right away. Shaylyn sits there and whines and complains about it, but I do eventually get her ready. I didn't do much with her hair because I figured she'd have her hat on and it wouldn't matter anyhow.

I had to wait until Eric got home (he either had my car or Lex was asleep or a combination of the two) before I could go. Eric didn't get home until about 10 to 6. It takes about 15 minutes to get to the dance studio where they were doing the pictures.

I knew we were going to be late and was trying to get out the door. Next thing I know Tanis' stomach is not agreeing with him and he has an accident. Stressed as I am already I tell him we needed to go and asked him if he wanted me to wait for him. He said no. So, Shaylyn and I head over to the studio.

We get there and Shaylyn does NOT want to cooperate at all. She was being kinda clingy to Tanis and was upset that he wasn't there. (Now that I think about it I should've had Eric bring Tanis after he took care of things and then I could've told the photgrapher we were here, but waiting for a kid) Anyway, we FINALLY get Shaylyn to put the costume on and realize her dance teacher didn't leave out the hat! (The dance teacher was not around and had just left all the costumes out) I was so frustrated! Shaylyn's hair wasn't done very cute and the hat totally made the outfit.

Oh well, figure let's make the most of it and head into the room for the photographer to do her job. She is so patient with my stubborn little girl and we are able to get three pictures taken of her and the photographer told me she would choose the best for the package. (Which she did)

So, things really didn't turn out very well for us that day. Tanis having stomach issues, Shaylyn not cooperating and the hat not being there. Still I am happy with the way Shaylyn's picture turned out (minus the lack of cute hairdo). It is posted below.
As if all the above wasn't enough, as I was picking up some pizza to take home for dinner, Eric calls me on the cell phone and tells me that he forgot he had to go home teaching right then (he's even the one who made the appointments) and he had to leave the boys home alone! Good thing I was only 5 or 10 minutes away! But we have never left our kids alone ever! It was a scary thing. I just kept hoping Lex would stay asleep so Tanis didn't have to worry about him. Luckily for me, Lex did stay asleep and Tanis was just hanging out playing Rock Band.
Last Sunday we headed to Eric's parents for dinner and Eric's mom got some pictures of Christmas and the Family Pictures she took onto discs for me so that I could have them. I posted a couple that I really liked. In the one that she took during our family "photo shoot" I just had to post this one of the kids all because of the way Lex is standing. It is hilarious!

The picture posted from Christmas is the kids with Eric's brother, Greg. He is so good with the kids and they love him tons! It isn't rare to see this exact same thing anytime Greg is around.

There isn't much else that has gone on lately, so yeah. I do have something planned that I will post probably sometime next week. (hopefully) I am so dang excited about it! So until then there probably won't be another post unless something major happens. :D

1 comment:

  1. Awww ... I think Shaylyn's picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...