Jan 29, 2008

Party Hardy

Posted by with 1 comment
Sunday night we had Shaylyn's birthday party. She will be 6 tomorrow...(Man, I still can't believe that...I don't know where those 6 years went)

Anyway, we don't do "friend" parties yet...mostly because I wouldn't have a clue as to how to entertain a bunch of kids. So, it was just family.

We had lots of fun and most of the family came. The only reason a few family members missed it was because of illnesses and one member had a viewing to go to. I love that my extended family members are so supportive.

We opened presents and had cake and ice cream and just a good time visiting with each other. We really don't see a lot of family anymore (with the exception of Eric's parents and our Sunday dinners) because we moved so "far" away, so it's nice when we can all get together and enjoy each other's company.

I tried really hard to get pictures of each gift and then a picture with Shaylyn, the gift, and who it was from - but only got a few because I forgot batteries for my camera. I was so upset because it was before we did the cake and all that fun stuff too. My 'in-house photographer' (a.k.a. Eric's Mom) hadn't arrived by the time we decided to do the cake, so I was kinda sad.

But then Eric had the brilliant idea to use his cell phone. Yeah! He took a few pics with his cell phone and while most of them are blurry, he did get a somewhat good one of her cake.

When Eric's mom did arrive she got lots of other pictures I like to have as well- guests, playing and that sort of stuff, so all in all I ended up getting what I wanted.

I also got a gift. Eric's mom has like 4 cameras and she keeps trying to find one she really, really likes. She decided she was going to give me one of the ones she rarely uses because our camera is almost 4 years old. (Shaylyn was about 18 months when we bought it) So, I haven't played with it a whole lot, but I do know that it takes pics faster than my old camera and that is a big positive with little kids.

Anyway, for Shaylyn's birthday tomorrow, I have a dr. appt. at 5, then we are going to go to dinner (her choice of where) and when we get back home she will unwrap her gifts. I hope she will have a good day on her actual birthday.

Just thought I'd share some party pictures with you.

As for the thing I was so excited about in my previous post - it is still in the workings...but it will come soon! I Promise!



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, happy birthday Shaylynn! I can't believe she's six! I mean, Kate is five so I guess it should be that big of a deal; but it's still hard for me to comprehend that our children are growing up.

    And, yeah for free cameras! Our camera is almost six years old (we got it just after Kate was born) ... and we can now buy the digi SLR 8 megapixel model my ds uses for the same price we bought our little 4 megapixel. I think it's time for us to upgrade too!

    TFS the pictures ... she looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...