May 2, 2016

Happy #60 Mom

Posted by with No comments
My mom turned 60 on her birthday. My older sister knew we had to make the day special, so we planned a surprise party.

My older sister also teaches some sort of Math at a college level and so occasionally she acts us to fill out random questionnaires for statistics. This tactic worked well to figure out what we should serve for dinner and dessert.

We also had my little brother and sister use their gift of lying to get my parents to my sister's house. The story was that my little brother was headed somewhere and broke down close to my sister's house. So he called my dad for help. My dad was part of the lying party and used his best acting skills to act as if he was all put out that he had to help my brother. Somehow he convinced my mom to come along for the drive.

The grandkids were anxious for Grandma to arrive, as evidenced in the video below. My mom was also super surprised and was happy that we remembered her.






My sister also put together a little posterboard picture of how close we all are to the grave. It was kind of funny.


After dinner and dessert, we gave my mom her gifts. I gave her a video slideshow of her life. She thought it was pretty fun.



0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...