May 25, 2016

End Of The Year Blur

Posted by with No comments
The end of the school year always comes with some crazy, busy days. May 24th was one such day. There were 3 kids that had something happening at 3 different times. Thankfully they were at different times and I was able to make it to each event.

We started our day at a picnic lunch with Ailey. Her kindergarten class had the opportunity to walk to a park near us and the families were welcome to join them at the given time. It was super important to Ailey that I showed up, so I packed her and Jace a lunch and we went and met up with her.



Ailey had the option to come home with me or go back to school to finish out her day. For some reason, she decided to go back to school. It worked out well though, because my next stop was the Jr. High to see Shaylyn get an award.

We didn't know what the award was going to be and I was thankful I found a seat next to some friends, who gladly held Zach so that I could get pictures of Shaylyn. They still ended up blurry and the award was for Honor Roll.






Shaylyn did want to come home after the award ceremony and because I was in need of a babysitter in order to attend Nate's activity, I let her.

I was only home for a few minutes before I had to leave, so I got the little boys situated and made sure Shaylyn was good to go, then I headed out.

Nate had a sort of read-a-thon thing, but where the parents could come and the kids could either read to the parent or the parent to the child. The teacher also provided some snacks. Nate was so excited to see me and we both read to each other. I kind of let Nate decide who read what.




While it was a busy day, it was very fulfilling as a mom. It was nice to have the chance to support 3 of my kids when they had something important happening in their lives.



0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...