Apr 9, 2013

Ticklin' The Ivories

Posted by with No comments
About a year ago, a neighbor of ours asked if anyone would be interested in taking Piano Lessons. In the past Shaylyn's met with a few people and has done these 'free' lessons off and on. But being free, I'd forget and the other person would forget and it just didn't happen. But now that we are paying monthly, it helps us remember.

Her piano teacher lives right next door, so it's super convenient. From the get-go he was impressed with how quickly Shaylyn was progressing and always mentioned how impressed he was with her. I knew he didn't have a ton of students, so I was unsure if there would ever be a recital or not.

He decided he was going to have a recital and her first recital was on March 9. Knowing that we were going to be in the Primary room at church and knowing they were bringing refreshments, I only invited the grandparents.

Thankfully it was on a day where both sets of grandparents were able to make it and Shaylyn was glad to have them there.

The video starts a bit after Shaylyn started playing because I a: forgot to put the memory card in the camera before we left and b: I had to figure out how to take a video on my new phone. I'm just glad I got what I got and I was very proud of our little pianist.




After the recital Eric's parents came back to the house and visited for awhile AND ordered pizza for us. We had a great night and I'm thankful we still live close enough that our parents can come and participate in the kids' activities. I should mention that my parents were invited to come over afterwards as well, too - but they thought they were too good for us and went out for dinner. Hahaha!

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...