Apr 11, 2013

A Whole Lotta Eggcitement

Posted by with No comments
March 30th ended up being kind of a busy day for us. Thankfully most of it occurred at or around home, so it wasn't too stressful.

We started out in the morning with a small neighborhood egg hunt. My good friend, Heather had the idea that we should just do it on the street in the middle of our ward (which just happens to be our street) and for anyone that wanted to participate, to just bring 10 filled eggs for each child the night before. Then on Saturday morning we'd have the hunt. The little kids would be on one side of the street and the older kids on the other side.

It was a wonderful idea. Nate had lots of fun and once Ailey saw how easy it was, she was all into it. She was a bit ornery though, as mornings are proving to be for her lately.


...Nate's friend had an egg open and the contents spilled all over the grass. Nate was so cute to help him pick all the candy up...














...Shaylyn was trading candy with her friend who just recently got braces. She was taking everything she couldn't have and giving her what she could have...


After the egg hunt and after I had cleaned up the house, we dyed eggs. Talk about craziness. Lex quickly dyed his 6 eggs and he was done. The little kids lasted a lot longer than I had thought they would, which also meant they made a bigger mess than I thought they would. Ailey did a wonderful job dying her hands as well as her eggs, but because she kept putting her eggs in different colors - she got some awesome looking eggs. Nate chose to stay with his favorite color of green and made all of his the same. He did end up making one that he called his 'Star Wars' Egg. Not sure why, be he was darn proud of it.









...The Star Wars Egg...







...Tanis' Eggs...

...Shaylyn's Eggs...

...Lex's Eggs...

...Nate's Eggs...

...Ailey's Eggs and the two in front that I did...

I then had just enough time to clean up the egg mess and get us all looking purdy to head to my mom's for some more fun.

We were going to do an egg hunt there as well and celebrate my Dad and sister's birthdays. My mom also requested that a few of us come up with activities to keep the little kids entertained. I felt a bit bad for my Dad and sister as the birthday part of the celebration was really over shadowed with all we did for Easter type celebrations. At least Eric kept my Dad and the other men entertained with his new board game.

EGG HUNT

...Little Ry is ready for the hunt...
























...She has a slight fascination with all things cupcakes, so for her to get these cupcake easter egg things was the highlight of her day. Thanks aunt Kaeloni!!!...

My little sister's activity was one of the LEFT/RIGHT stories, where you pass the gift the direction the story said. It was a bit hard for the littler kids to get the hang of, but with the help of the older kids and a couple of my siblings, it went pretty good. Ailey may or may not have quit early and took the ice cream cone bubbles and claimed them as her own.









My activity was a cake walk. Instead of cakes and just a couple people winning, I had a candy bar for each kid and we went as many rounds as it took for everyone to win. Shaylyn and my cute 2 year old niece were the last ones standing and they both did awesome. Especially little Mew. My 2 year old only lasted a few minutes, so for Mew to last the whole time was amazing. She should've won an extra prize!




































After the activities, we sang to the birthday peeps. Then the ladies visited while the men continued to play games. My family is so exciting sometimes.



0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...