Apr 5, 2011

I Don't Like To Plan...

Posted by with 2 comments
...Because LIFE ALWAYS GETS IN THE WAY!!!

I had major plans for this weekend and into this week, however, most of them are now foiled. Let's start with Friday.

Friday, April 1st: I didn't really have plans today besides the dentist. I needed 2 root canals, now I had had a root canal in High School and while I didn't hurt after the numbing had worn off - I do remember being sleepy and taking a long nap. Therefore, I knew I'd pretty much be out of commision on Friday. Friday morning I woke up with a sore throat and a headache. I figured it was from lack of sleep (If I don't get enough I get headaches and sore throats) and went about my day.


Saturday, April 2nd: I had planned to really do a good cleaning in the kids' rooms and then if I had the energy in ours as well. Well I woke up with still a headache and sore throat. I also felt dizzy at times. I was upset that my plans were foiled once again! I spent Saturday sleeping and lounging around. Towards the end of the night I started thinking I wasn't sick because of the dentist - something else was going on. My teeth felt mostly fine.


Sunday, April 3rd: Again, no real plans since it was Sunday. We were going to go to Eric's parents home for dinner, but his mom got sick and so plans got cancelled. I guess it was a good thing cause I still felt like crap and slept most of the day.


Monday, April 4th: I was going to clean out our closets, get caught up on laundry and the other day to day things. Nate woke me up about 4:00 for a drink and I knew I still didn't feel well. I told Eric he needed to stay home cause I didn't trust myself staying home alone with the 2 little kids - I'd been falling asleep WAY too easy. I spent the day again, sleeping and lounging around.


After the kids got home from school we decided to go to Instacare. Why we went with all 5 kids when we could've only gone with 2 was simple. At the time when Eric left the house earlier in the day (with Ailey and Nate in toe), I didn't feel like getting up or going anywhere. I still didn't feel like going anywhere when we did, but we needed to.


I was diagnosed with Strep. Again! I swear I lived 28 years without major illnesses slowing me down and now in the past 3 or 4 years I've had Strep twice and a nasty bout of the rarer flu. Ay yi yi. I was given a wonderful shot in the butt so now I feel almost normal, although I'm still sooo tired AND I've got a sore butt as well.


As if that's not enough...


- I've got dishes piled to the ceiling (Tanis, bless his heart is working on that now)


- Laundry is way, way, behind. (I'm surprised we all found clean underwear this morning)


- Our house looks like a home from HOARDERS ... after a few hours of cleaning. (Okay, that's a bit exaggerated, but only a bit)


Eric is AWESOME when it comes to caring for my needs when I am sick (He bought me Glee Season 1 on Blu Ray) and taking care of the kids and getting us fed. He isn't a homemaker at all though - thus all the above. However, he did inadvertently do part of a job I had planned to do. Wasn't that nice?


Still today I didn't feel up to cleaning (my head is still everywhere but straight) and I am now like 3 days behind in my plans. It's going to take more energy than I'm going to get this week to get it all done. Wish me luck - - or come on over and help me. Seriously. Help ME!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's never a dull moment at your house! Sorry you haven't been feeling well. And, I'm sure feeling the frustration from unfulfilled expectations isn't helping you to feel any better. I don't know about you, but when my house is a disaster area, it makes it even harder for me to feel well. Thus sending me into a downward spiral (not feeling well=no energy/motivation to clean=dirty house=not feeling well). Hopefully, you get enough energy to just keep up with the day to day until you get well completely to do the extras. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Steep SUCKS!! I HATE when plans get ruined because of sickness. I'm sorry, I hope you get feeling better! Sheesh. My house occasionally looks like were hoarders too. Lol. So no worries. Ugh... life...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...