Jul 19, 2010

A Little Peace of Mind

Posted by with 1 comment
This past Thursday I took the kids - along with my mom, lil' bro, lil' sis and her kids - to the International Peace Gardens at Jordan Park in Salt Lake. I did this for a few reasons:
  • We all needed to get out of the house

  • It was free

  • My Grandma lives close by

  • I wanted to share part of my childhood with my kids. Each summer when we slept at my Grandparents they would take us to the Peace Gardens. It is such a special memory I have with them.

We started out early - 9:00 a.m. early. We got to my mom's at 10, when both babies decided it was time to eat. We left my mom's around 11:00 and got to the gardens around 11:20. It was a good thing we went when we did as it was a very hot day that day.

The kids loved the gardens and all the items/replicas of major attractions from each country. I loved how peaceful it was and that I got to spend a nice day with my kids and some of my family. I also loved the memories that always come visiting places filled with your own history.

After we were done at the gardens we stopped in to visit my Grandma. I always love visiting with her and I don't do it often enough. We decided to get some 'generation' pics while we were there.

I leave you with some fave pics of the day. (If you want to see all the pictures you can look on my facebook page or wait for the website update in August.)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. looks like a fun day! I need to take the kids to that park!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...