Dec 8, 2009

We Needed A Little Christmas...

Posted by with 3 comments
So, it had been quite awhile since I had done anything "crafty," if you don't count the tiles I've made for birthdays.

Well, last Friday I decided to do a few "crafty" things. So, after the kids got home from school - we piled in the car and headed out to our nearest craft store...Nearest being 30 - 40 minutes away. Anyway, we made good time and we found EVERYTHING I was hoping to find. And the kids were mostly okay.

I got to work on Friday night and finished last night...This is without doing anything on Sunday night...

First Item: Countdown Numbers

So, technically this wasn't anything "hard" to do, just something that needed to be done. We've had this Santa countdown figure (I would love to say I also made Santa those many years ago, but I didn't....I bought it somewhere) for I don't know how many years, and it's been missing countdown numbers for probably 1 year less than the time we got it.

I finally decided I had enough of putting this thing up without any real numbers to use - so I remedied that situation.

I found pre-cut holly shapes at the craft store, painted them with green paint and finished them off using vinyl and my Cricut.


Second Item: Noel Word Blocks

Our ward made these for our Super Saturday or whatever it may be called in your area, but I wasn't able to make it that night for various reasons.

Well shortly after Halloween the lady dropped off the letters for me so that I could paint them up and whatever whenever I got around to it.

So they sat, and they sat, and they sat for a good month and a half before I decided to do anything with them. After working on my other 2 projects and seeing as how it is "Christmas Time," I decided I'd better get my act together and actually paint these suckers!

I am glad I got to do it on my own time, in my own way as I got to choose my own colors. I sorta followed the example on the website the lady used for the idea. You can find that here. I am excited with how it turned out.


Third Item: Stocking Holder

Yay, something I came up with on my own - sorta.

These little hanger things have been around FOREVER and people have used them for all sorts of things, but I decided since we don't have a fireplace or some random shelf in the frontroom to hang stockings on - we needed SOMETHING!

Why this idea came to me, I don't know - I'm just glad it did. The next addition to this will be "uniformed" stockings that I am going to be working on this coming year with my mom.


I've also spent time working on my Christmas gift to my parents and my in-laws which I will share after Christmas sometime. I would love to share it now, but occasionally my dear MIL hops on and reads my blog, so I won't be sharing now.

Hope you all enjoyed my bit of creativity for now....It may not happen again for a LONG, LONG time!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. all very cute! I LOVE those NOEL letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so productive! Way to go! You've inspired me ... I've got to get going on all of my Christmas projects. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE CUTE CUTE! WOW. I'm jealous..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...