Jun 18, 2008

A Week of Fun

Posted by with 1 comment
So last week we had a pretty fun week. It was the week of Lex's 4th birthday. Lex shares his birthday with my little brother, so on Monday we headed to my parents house to celebrate my little brother.

Of course we did the whole gift and singing the Happy Birthday song and everything...While I was figuring this was just the day to celebrate my little brother, everyone else sang Happy Birthday Logan & Lex...I dunno. Guess we should have been more clear on who we were celebrating. Lex even got to open a present from one of his aunts. He got an Indiana Jones whip. (Don't worry it is soft) We had a fun night playing games and eating lots of yummy junk food.

Tuesday I don't remember, don't think anything major happened...

Wednesday was Lex's actual birthday. We had bought him a bike (so that he can keep up with brother & sister) and a helmet. I got Lex into the bath and brought the bike in the house while he was in the tub. While I was cleaning Lex up Tanis & Shaylyn had "wrapped" the bike with blankets. (I'm glad they are creative) After Lex got out of the tub, it took him a minute to realize that there was something in the front room for him. He was so excited when he pulled the blankets off to discover a real bike! We didn't do much else on his actual birthday as Eric had to work that night, but we made plans to "celebrate" on Thursday.


Thursday night we headed to the zoo for a Member's Night. The last member's night we went to there was hardly anyone there. This time however, is was packed. I have honestly NEVER seen it so packed! It was probably because there is a carousel there now. While we didn't look at many animals (we were in line for the carousel for at least 30 minutes) we had fun anyway. After the zoo we headed to TGIF for a late dinner.


Friday was spent cleaning the house for the party on Saturday. Friday night I had the great opportunity to go see "The White Star" which is the sequel to "Saturday's Warrior" with my mom, sister and grandma. My sister had bought tickets for our Mother's Day gift. I loved the play, even though I was in tears the whole time...It hits home for people with real young children.

After a late night Friday (I didn't get home until about 12:30) I had to get up a bit early to finish cleaning the house. Lex's party was at 12. We enjoyed all the people who came to visit and wish Lex a happy birthday. I still can't believe he is 4!!!!


This week has been much calmer and that is a good thing as the next couple weeks are gonna be fairly busy. So, if you don't hear from me for awhile that is why.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Lex! Looks like he loves that bike. How fun :)
    I miss the days when you were excited for another birthday to come. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...