Jun 12, 2008

My Valentine's Day Gift

Posted by with 2 comments
What a weird topic for June, eh?

Anyways, so if you'll remember clear back in February I mentioned how Eric got me a gift certificate for Valentine's Day. Well the gift certificate was for a place called Shooting Stars. (If you click on the name, you will be taken to the site)

So I called to set up my appointment. They were so booked that they couldn't get me in until May 10. That was okay because I wasn't sure I wanted to do the photo session being 7 months pregnant anyway. So I waited...

May 10th rolls around and we are headed out to the studio when we get the call that the stylist is sick and so they'd have to reschedule me. Yes, stuff like this happens to me quite often - I should be used to it by now.

We reschedule for the following Friday, May 16th. I have to ask my sister and brother-in-law to babysit for me as Eric had to work both jobs and I knew I wouldn't get home before he had to go to the second job.

So after an uncomfortable few hours alone with the stylist & photographer (I just really hate being the center of attention) the final product was done, although I had to wait another few days before I could even see my photos...

The next Wednesday rolls around and Eric and I head to the studio (along with all the kids) to view all of my portraits and decide on the ones we wanted. This was fun - she did a little slideshow thing and had us quickly decide between two photos, side by side, until we made our decisions on our favorites. Eric and I have very different views on which pictures looked good. I guess I am just too picky about my self photos. Anyway, we narrowed it down to our 4 favorites, which I will post.

I still had to wait until Tuesday to pick the pictures up...Talk about a long, drawn out process. Overall though I was very happy with the gift and did enjoy myself, even though I felt extremely awkward...


So, here's one of the ones Eric and I disagreed on...I liked the above picture better, he preferred the picture below....

Threw this one in for fun...

Another one Eric preferred, but with this one and it's competitor, I didn't really care...

2 comments:

  1. The bottom picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ... the last is my favorite too. These totally make you look so different! Crazy ... Hey, I get to see you this weekend, yeah!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...