May 14, 2008

Ode To My Cricut

Posted by with No comments
I am not talking about those black, or green, or whatever color those insects are. No, I am talking about THIS cricut. Familiarize yourself with this now - BEFORE reading on... :D

For my birthday in 2006, all I wanted was a Cricut. I figured Eric could get together with his parents and mine, then the price wouldn't be so bad. However, Eric purchased it on his own. I was so excited to have it, but I knew it was one of those purchases we probably shouldn't have made. Oh well - on to my story!

Fast forward to last week...I am trying to find something for Mother's Day gifts, and had an idea in mind. So I travel the 30 minutes or so that it takes to get to the nearest Roberts Arts & Crafts in search of the items I would need. I was sad to discover that they didn't have the main component. I walk around the store trying to find another idea and run across the fact that the cricut has vinyl! I was so excited and knew immediately what to do.

The picture below is of the finished product. I took unfinished frames, painted them, added the vinyl lettering to it and finally the pictures. I have many more ideas in mind for this vinyl as well. I forgot to take the picture before I wrapped my mom's and Eric's mom's, so it is just the ones I did for the grandma's. I am a bit frustrated about that because I liked the way Eric's mom's turned out best.


In other news, we are teaching Nathaniel about baseball early! It all started with Grandma & Grandpa H. giving him a cute little "ball" outfit when he was born - size Newborn... Then a few weeks ago MY aunt & uncle (who really have no idea how fanatic Eric's family is about baseball) gave Nathaniel a cute little bear that plays the song, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." This kid is going to know the song long before he attends his first game - which will hopefully be this summer!

The other day, I had Nathaniel lying down on the floor and had his bear in his eyesight. He had lots of fun swatting at it and of course, as I take the pictures he decides to spit up. So I apologize for the spit up in the picture, but you can see how much fun he is having with his new bear. :D


0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...