May 24, 2008

The Hardy Family & the Wild Thursday

Posted by with No comments
You know how every once in awhile you end up having a jam packed day? Thursday was just that sort of day for us.

Tanis (and all the rest of the 2nd grade) had a dance festival thing at school that started at 10. This meant I had to get 4 people ready & out the door by about 9:30 if I wanted a seat. This was difficult as I got a late start that morning because our sweet Nate only allowed me 4 hours of sleep the previous night. However, we got out the door at a quarter to and still got a fairly good seat. I was pleased that the dance (from Germany) Tanis' class did made them go around in a circle, so I could get pictures & a small video of it.


After the dance performance, we headed to the school library where they were having a buy one, get one free book fair. So just as we are trying to leave a 5th or 6th grade class came in and talk about chaos...I'm glad we got out of there as quickly as we did.

We then head home so that I can straighten the house and get some lunch for Lex & Shaylyn before Shaylyn had to head to school. I finish all of that around 1:30 and decide I am going to rest a bit before we had to head to our next adventure.

It starts raining horribly around 3 or so and I knew I would have to go pick the kids up from school to get them ready. They had pictures for their singing and dance classes. Tanis' were at 4:20 and Shaylyn's at 5. It takes us about 15 minutes or so to get to the dance studio where they were doing the pictures at. I really didn't have a lot of time to do Shaylyn's hair, but figured I could just redo it the same way at the studio while we waited for her class. Tanis got ready quickly and I had to quickly comb his hair down, then I realized Lex needed a clean diaper. AHH! So after leaving 5 or 10 minutes later than I wanted, I was stressing. I didn't want Tanis to miss his class picture. Luckily for us we got there just in time (even though we were late) and his teacher was kind of keeping track of who was there and had the photographer do all the individual pictures first. I was able to relax a bit after that while we just waited for Shaylyn's time slot. Both kids posed so cute and I can't wait to see the pics.

After pictures it was time to head home to have a quick dinner before heading off to our next adventure. Eric decided he really wanted to see Indiana Jones that night and we figured we'd just take the kids. We didn't leave quite when we wanted to, and got to the theater with only 5 minutes to spare.

We park the car and as we are getting out a girl says to us, "Something happened in the theater and they are evacuating everyone." I don't know if she is being funny or what so we still just head to the theater doors and see TONS of people just standing around. Then a fire truck comes along. We hear that we just have to get the okay from the firemen before we can enter the building. After a half hour wait we are finally able to get into the theater. I am not positive what happened, but because of it we didn't miss our movie.

Right when we got in there it was time for Nate to eat, so I fed him and then just held him for awhile. He did okay for a bit, but then got restless. All he wanted was to move around, so I spent a good part of the movie walking around the theater to keep him calm. After my legs could take no more (I am a bit worried about them as they seem very weak after sitting or standing for any length of time) I head back into the movie. Nate does well for a bit longer, but gets restless again. This time Eric is kind enough to take him down to the entrance (where Eric can still see the end of the movie) and walk with him. Nate was never crying loudly or anything - he just wouldn't be still in our arms. So our view of Indiana Jones? It was okay, but nothing like the 3 previous ones.

Next we head home, but I need Eric to stop at Smith's because we needed formula and my lips needed chapstick badly! I hurry through the store to get those few items and head to self-checkout. After trying my debit card 3 times without it getting authorized (no idea why) I finally just use the credit card...We finally get home and get a good night's sleep. Yah for me, I really needed it.

Here's hoping another day like that doesn't come around again anytime soon...Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...