Apr 30, 2008

Just A Few Things...

Posted by with 1 comment
Though most of you may already be aware, (seeing as how you are reading this) I changed the "location" of my blog. For whatever reason while I was hosting it through the family website I had some people who had issues with it. One person couldn't even get to the blog and another told me they weren't able to leave a comment, thus the reason for the change. Hopefully this change will help.

Now onto more "interesting" items.

I enjoy candles and a few years ago my Mother in Law got me one of those candle warmer things to use with my candles. I never really had trouble with it and even decided to buy another one so that I would have one to use in the bathroom and in the main area of the home.

A few months ago, however, disaster struck. I had purchased a cheap (yes, I will admit it - I was being cheap) candle from Smith's. You know the kind I am talking about - the no name brand, one that barely has any scent to it at all...Anyway, so I used it for a few days.

Then one Sunday afternoon Eric and I were watching some TV (which is in a different room) and the kids were playing. We came into the main area of the home after we were done watching TV to find wax splattered all over the wall! Automatically we assume that the kids knocked into the table it was on and just didn't want to own up to it, even after being questioned a thousand times.

So, we have wax on the wall and wherever else it ended up splattering, but figure it's no big deal we can clean it off easy. The next day I turn the candle on again and guess what the wax splatters all over the wall AGAIN. I then realized it wasn't the kids that did it, it was the stupid candle.

We tried everything we could think of to get the wax off of the walls, but nothing we did seemed to work at all. Then I heard someone say to try using an iron and a brown paper bag. This person was not speaking directly to me, but to someone else who had some wax stuck on her kitchen floor or something. I figured I would give it a try, but never got around to it.

My Mother-In-Law has tried a few things as well to get the wax off of the wall, but nothing that people suggested to her worked either. Somehow, while I was in the hospital with the baby, my mom suggested trying the iron and paper bag thing as well.

So, a couple days after we return from the hospital, my Mother-in-Law comes over to clean the house a bit, feed us dinner and to get the wax off of the wall. Seriously - she told me one of her main goals that day was to get the wax off of the wall! She tries the iron and paper bag thing and it works okay, but not great. But, being the smart person she is she decides to use the iron with the blue shop towel things. That worked great! It got all of the wax off and we now have a nice, clean wall again!



Just a tip for anyone with these nice candle warmer things...I would only use them with "brand" name candles. I have never had a problem with Salt City Candles exploding on me - even after leaving them on overnight...(I don't leave them on purposely, I just forget things)

As for adjusting to life with a newborn, it hasn't been too bad. Nate is such a good baby and last night was the first night he actually woke up every 2 hours to eat. Before that he would go a good 4 hours before waking up. While I miss my sleep, it is those late night/early morning feedings I love the most. Everything is quiet and it is just me and the baby - nothing else to worry about and my attention can be placed on just him.

The day to day schedule is getting better daily, we just have to keep at it. Time usually finds me scrambling to get in the shower and get ready in time to get Shaylyn to school. Lucky for us, Nate has a second sense about when we need to leave someone and wakes up to eat at the right moment, so that we are not late. Such a good baby - I am sure that will probably change though.

I feel so very blessed for my children. I just keep hearing all these sad stories about pregnancies ending badly and lots of miscarriages happening. I am just so thankful that I have been "lucky" enough to have my 4 children without any complications.

Anyway that's it for today...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my sister sent me a Scensty warmer. I love it because it does the same thing that the candle warmers do, except that the wax never gets too hot. I mean, my children have put their fingers in the wax and not been burned. And, the other thing is that after it cools it can be wiped off no problem. I LOVE the scents too! Seriously, I'm not trying to leave a plug, just wondered if you had heard of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...