May 31, 2008

Sentimental or Hormonal????

Posted by with 2 comments
So I am either really sentimental or my hormones still aren't quite back to normal...and here's why...

Today Tanis & Shaylyn had their recital (more on that in the coming day or two). There was a duet dance performance with the name of "Two Little Sisters". I had never heard the song before, but the words really struck a chord with me, especially the chorus. I actually started tearing up, how silly is that? *FYI - the song & lyrics can be found below...*

Maybe the reason for that is because I feel so blessed for my sisters. I have 2, and while they aren't both younger than me - the song still applies. I could have been emotional because my older sister actually made the drive out here to support my kids and I knew my little sister would have been there if she hadn't been moving.

My older sister and I really didn't get along growing up as we were very, very different. But, as we've gotten older we've put our differences behind us and have learned to love each other for who each of us it and to embrace our common interests.

My little sister is honestly one of my best friends. We are alike in many ways - our hubbies even have very similar personalities. Even though there is a 10 year age difference, I don't feel it...Maybe that is because we shared a room for many, many years.

I was also blessed with a terrific sister in law, who doesn't even need the in law part added. She is a good friend as well.

So here's to my sisters! Thanks for it all!!!


* I apologize about the video. I tried many, many times - unsuccessfully - to get only the song to play, but it wouldn't. So I made a quick vid of some pics of me & my sisters to go with the song. You don't have to watch the video at all and the pictures repeat a few times. This was the only work around I could figure out so you readers could hear the song. *


TWO LITTLE SISTERS - Carly Simon

Two little sisters gazing at the sea
Imagining what their futures will be.
The older one says as her eyes looked around
I will go as far as the corners of the town
I'll plant a little garden flowers everywhere.
And pluck the most fragrant for my hair

Two little sisters gazing at the sea
Imagining what their futures will be
The younger one stands with her eyes open wide
And says I'll go as far as the corners of the sky
I'll gather all the stars each night as they appear
And pick the very brightest one to wear in my ear.

I didn't choose you
And you didn't choose me
I didn't choose you
Who would guess we're from the same family

But what will you do when the nights get cold
When the stars grow dim and your dreams seem old
What you gonna do when winter calls
And your flowers fall from the garden walls

I'll come home to you
You'll come home to me
My love will be your remedy
I'll choose you
And you'll choose me
We'll be two daughters dancing
By the edge of the sea

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just checked out your family scrapbook ... and I must say that you look GREAT at the hospital with Nathaniel (do you call him Nate?)! I'm so envious! In all of the pictures taken of me with Adam, even up to a few days after he came home, I look terrible! I don't think I've ever had any hospital pictures look really good. But, you don't even look like you had just had a baby! Kudos ... that's awesome! How'd you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- thanks for stopping by! It's good to hear from you. I hope everything is going well... I think it's time for you to update your blog again, though ;)

    Sounds like you are a busy busy mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...