Apr 19, 2008

He's Here!!!

Posted by with 2 comments
Just want to let all of you know that baby #4 finally made his appearance, even if we did make him come. ;)

Anyway, so here is the story...

We were scheduled for an induction Friday, April 18th, but we didn't have a time as the hospital just calls when they are ready for you to come in.

We were told if we hadn't heard anything by 10 to call, so at 10:30 I called to see where things were. I was told that it was a crazy morning and lots of people had come in with natural labor so they had to still wait. She told me that if I hadn't heard anything by 2:00 to call back.

Eric and I decide to head to my sisters place to wait - just so that we would be close to the hospital when they called us in. 2:00 rolls around and we hear nothing. So, I call the hospital back. This time the lady tells me they still haven't slowed down and things were still crazy, but my doctor said that he was willing to deliver this baby at any time. I said okay and told the lady to call me back when she knew more.

The hours passed and we weren't hearing anything. I wasn't sure I could handle it if they called back and said, we can't do it tonight. Finally around 6:30 the lady calls back and says that she is ready for us. YEA!

So we say goodbye to the older kids and head into the hospital. They are still kinda crazy busy, but we get all in and settled by 7:30. Our nurses show up around 7:45 and explain that they are getting one lady cleaned up, but then they would be in with us.

Around 8:00 they come in and get more in depth info about me and stuff relating to the pregnancy. Finally around 9:00 they start me on the Pitocin to get this labor started and then they go to call the dr. to see what to do about breaking my water. My dr. decides to just have the resident break my water and so my water doesn't get broken until about 10:00 because the resident was crazy busy as well.

So, I deal through the contractions (I decided no epidural on this one) and around midnight I am asking myself why in the world did I decide to do this naturally??? This is a thought that occurs to me plenty before the baby is born.


Finally around 1:00 I am having pain that is very painful. I know it is too late for any pain meds or anything, and I am almost crying with every contraction I had. I wish I had a stronger threshold for pain, but I think I did okay considering. My dr. arrives shortly after 1 and watches my contractions and my reactions to them for a few minutes. He then figures out that it is time.

So after 3 or 4 pushes (let's face it, I wasn't really paying attention to the number) #4 is finally here!

Born at 1:20 A.M. was Nathaniel Eric and he weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz., and was 20 inches long.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shilo! How exciting! Will you be calling him Nathaniel, or Nathan, or Nate? I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Shilo, he's so handsome! Get some rest! Crazy-my brother just had a baby and they named him Nathan Eric---popular combo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...