Nov 29, 2007

Twenty Christmas Questions

Posted by with No comments
I got this "survey" off another friend's blog and thought it would be a good one to pass on. Enjoy! And feel free to answer them for yourself and repost.

20 questions....
what is your...

1.Favorite winter beverage?
It's gotta be eggnog. As soon as it hits the stores, it hits my fridge. And I've heard you aren't supposed to drink it when you are pregnant because of the eggs or something, but I've been drinking it in very much moderation, so things should be fine. :D
2.Fave Christmas candy?
Candy Canes for sure!
3.Favorite Candy cane flavor? Color?
I am all for original peppermint flavor
4.Favorite Christmas cookie?
My Great Aunt made a recipe for cookies that you shape as Candy Canes. They are too good. I get addicted and eat a TON every year. I know it is the almond extract that makes it addictive, but oh well.
5.Favorite Christmas song? to sing? to listen to?
My top 3 faves are:
Do You Hear What I Hear?
The Little Drummer Boy

Mary, Did You Know

But all Christmas music I love. I like original songs as well as the classic ones and even the classics redone.
6.Fave Christmas movie?
I honestly don't have one
7.Fave Christmas story?
I don't know, I've heard lots...Perhaps, the Forgotten Carols
8.Fave Christmas colors?
All of them
9.actual color scheme for your decor?
Honestly, it's whatever I have...Don't really have a "theme" set
10.Fave Christmas tradition? as a kid? with your own family?
I have two fave traditons growing up. Every Christmas Eve we would go to my mom's mother's house for dinner and some sort of program. Before we would leave we would open one present and it was ALWAYS a pair of pj's that my mom made for each of us. The girls would have matching pj's and the boys would all match as well.
Eric and his family have been so good to me as we still attend my Grandma's Christmas Eve dinner and program. Eric's family used to do their thing on Christmas Eve, but since I became a member of the family and they knew how important it was for me to be at my grandma's on Christmas Eve, they've changed things for me. :D
I've tried to do the pajama thing as well (although I don't make them), though it doesn't always happen.
11.Tree topper? star? Angel? other?
Oh, bother. We had a topper for a couple years that was a blue star - somehow it got destroyed a couple years ago and we just haven't gotten around to replacing it with anything yet.
12.Christmas lights display?your house? to drive by? small bulbs? large bulbs? white? multi colored? simple? Griswald? again pictures are a bonus here too.
We like to keep it simple, but lit up as well. We have a blow up snowman I bought last year that has an upside down face...we didn't take it back because it was so original. (I really need to take a picture) We also have some red candy cane stakes in the yard. Then on the house we have some icecicle lights as well as some big multi-colored bulbs...We haven't quite finished the house because as Eric was finishing up above the garage, he noticed something the builders screwed up on. (See above post)
13.fave holiday icon collection?? Santa? nativity? snowmen?
The Nativity is my favorite by far. It IS what the season IS all about!
14.Christmas card? picture? letter?
I've never really done anything...Kinda thinking about doing the little postcard things, but don't know if I will.
15.what is more fun for you White Elephant? or Draw secret Santa names?
Secret Santa, I hate not knowing what kind of "crap" you may be getting as some people have a rude sense of humor and some have none at all.
16.Holiday budget? extravagant or low budget? what do you wish it was?
It's whatever we can afford at the time. We've had very small Christmases some years and other years larger ones, it really just depends. My ideal would be to take about $50 a month and start getting stuff in January...I've yet to actually start that yet.
17.Tree? real or fake? prelit ? Green or flocked?
Well growing up we ALWAYS had a real tree, but since we've been married, we've always had a fake tree. I do miss real trees, but not the mess! We've also always had smaller fake trees that were very simple. But last year we bought a new tree. It is a 7 foot tree that is flocked on the ends AND pre-lit. No real hard work putting our tree up. :D
18.best gifts are? homemade? or store bought?
Honestly, I just like gifts that have thought put with them - either way. Some people just aren't very crafty or anything, so it is hard to make things, but if they put a bunch of thought into what they bought, that is just the same.
19.which is better in your opinion? surprises galore? or being sneaky and peeking?
Surprises. I think things get ruined when you know what you are getting. Where's the fun in that?
20.do you do thank you cards for Christmas gifts?
Not really because we are with the people who give us things, so we can give them a heartfelt thank-you in person.

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...