Nov 19, 2007

Happy Karate-Chop Zooey

Posted by with No comments
This weekend was another fun, but full one.

Friday was my birthday and what a day it was! During the day I did the big house cleaning, as it was a Friday and that is what I spend Friday's doing. Eric didn't say anything to me during the course of the day, which I thought was odd. But then I figured maybe he was just really busy.
I kept cleaning and answered a call from my dad. He actually sang to me over the phone! :D

I ended up missing calls from my grandparents, my mom, and two of my brothers - all because Shaylyn turned down the ring on my cell phone so I didn't hear it. Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone whose call I missed.

Eric got home from work and still didn't say a word about my birthday. We watched an episode of Smallville recorded the previous night and afterwards he finally asked me what was wrong. I asked him if he even knew what day it was and right away he was like - "Crap, it must be the 16th." He felt so bad.

In his defense, he didn't actually "forget" though. He had had a very rough week and wasn't feeling very well for most of it and it was one of those weeks where you just don't put a number with the day. I for one do that A LOT! He has also NEVER forgotten my birthday in the 9 years we've been married.

Anyway, he asked me what I wanted to do and was willing to do anything because he felt so bad. We didn't have many options though as we had a neighbor who had a small crisis.

The neighbor has a small baby - 2 or 3 months old - and the baby wasn't breathing right. This lady's husband works 2 jobs and isn't home a lot, so she had to call her sister to take her to the hospital. The problem was that her sisters car couldn't fit her, the baby and her two boys in it. So she asked if we would be willing to watch the boys for her. I told her that was fine. (I wouldn't want to be in her situation ever without having someone to watch my kids)

Eric asked if he should go get some pizza for dinner so I didn't have to cook and asked if I wanted anything else. I told him that I wasn't really in the mood for pizza and I'd rather have a burger, but to maybe still get a pizza for the kids. I said he could also stop by to get some sort of cake and we'd be good. (Money has been tight and with our anniversary next week, we agreed on no presents for our birthdays)

He left and when he returned home, he brought Little Cesars for the kids, and Arby's for us. Yummy! He knows me really well. But, there wasn't any cake....Then he said to me, "I didn't get a cake, but I want you to know that I really do care and that I listen to you." He then ran back into the garage and came back with a gift wrapped from Bed, Bath & Beyond! He sure got points for going to that store alone.

Anyway, I pretty much knew what the gift was, but was excited anyway. He got me a Deep Fryer. I've wanted one for soooooo long! He even spent the rest of the night doing what I wanted to do.
So all in all, it was a good birthday.

Saturday was a bit crazy for us. Eric had his test for his yellow belt with his Kenpo Karate and he passed with flying colors. He had to do the trick where you break a board in half with your hand and he said he did it his first try. (I wasn't there to watch him do his test, but someone did get a picture of him breaking the board, and when I get it, I will post it) When he got home with his yellow belt, I made him pose for me. He got a blue gii (not sure how to spell that) when he was a white belt so that his colors would be blue & white for the Cougars. Now that's he's a yellow belt, I really hate the combination of colors. It makes me think of my Jr. High days and the ugly combination of colors the school colors were.

After Eric got to rest for awhile and I straightened the house, we decided to take the kids to the zoo. We have a membership, so it's not a bad thing to just go on a whim. When we first got our memberships they included tickets to ride the train for free.

The few times we had gone before we didn't get around to doing the train because we had people with us and we didn't want them to feel awkward. Anyway, the kids LOVED the train ride. Eric and I were just glad it was free. There wasn't a lot to see, except for some buffalo that you normally wouldn't see just walking through.

The picture of Eric, Lex & I was taken by Tanis...What do you expect with an unsteady 7 year old taking a picture? I just love the way Lex is looking.

After we were done at the zoo, we headed home. Eric went to play one game of Magic with his friends and the kids and I spent the night playing Music Scene It. We had a fun night and weekend.

Yesterday we headed to Eric's parents to celebrate my birthday. We had Roast, Potatoes & Carrots, followed by an ice-cream cake for dessert. We had lots of fun and enjoyed it all! Hope everyone else had a good weekend.




0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...