Nov 13, 2007

Seeing in Shades of...

Posted by with 2 comments
Last Wednesday, November 7, found as at the dr's office for my monthly visit. He had told us that on this visit we would be doing an ultrasound for the anatomy. I wasn't sure that we would be able to tell what sex the baby was as I was only 15 weeks along. I have always thought that the best time for telling the sex was between 16 and 20 weeks.


Anyway, we were originally scheduled for 5:30, but I had to reschedule for 3:00 as Eric had some plans he couldn't get out of. This meant the kids got a free day out of school (I had to leave the house around 1:30, which means Shaylyn would've been in school for all of 30 minutes, then we decided it wasn't fair that Shaylyn got to stay home and Tanis didn't.) and the first part of the day I was able to relax a bit more.
We dropped the kids off at my little sister's around 2:30 (thanks again, by the way) and headed to the dr. Remember my appt was set for 3. We didn't even get into the back of the office until about 3:30 or so. I've never had to wait this long for my dr, but maybe that's cause we always go later at night.
Anyway we got in and didn't have to wait that long before the doctor actually came into the exam room. Then we went straight to the ultrasound and we were able to tell what sex this baby is. The picture is posted below (hope you can all tell as ultrasound pics are really hard to see sometimes)


That's right, we are having another boy! Shaylyn wasn't very happy at this news and even started to cry and she was really hoping for a sister. Truth be told, I thought another girl would be fun, but I wasn't holding my breath. As it is a boy will make life much easier. If it would've been a girl we would've had to switch Shaylyn into the boys' current room - so that there would be room for a bed and a crib. As it is though, we are just going to make the bunk beds up for Lex & Tanis and the crib will go across the room, in the room the boys are currently in.


We did have a name all ready for a girl, but not for a boy, so we are kinda struggling there. There is one name that is looking more like it will be his name, but I won't tell you that today. ;)


We got rid of a lot of things for a baby when we moved, so we've got to get some things all ready that way. We need to get a carseat and a stroller and need to find a bed for Shaylyn as she is currently in one of the bunk bed parts and Lex is in the crib (we bought the crib that converts to a bed).


I'll leave you will two more pics of boy #3 - they are both supposed to be profile views. The whole point of the ultrasound wasn't to find the sex anyway, it was to make sure things looked like they were forming correctly and that things were going right. In one picture you can see the spine pretty clearly.






2 comments:

  1. Hey, Congratulations! Tell Shaylyn that she'll always be daddy's princess now! And, hey, you still have five months until you need a name, right? So, I'm sure you'll come up with something. Again, congrats, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shilo. Congratulations on another boy. Boys are lots of fun! I wanted to share with you that I found out a couple of days ago that I am pregnant again as well ,and due sometime the end of June, beginning of July. We are really hoping that this time all will go well and smooth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...