Aug 9, 2007

Happy Tuesday

Posted by with No comments


This past Tuesday, August 7, we had quite a busy day.

My older sister was trying to get a video slideshow done from Girls Camp done...She was having difficulties making a disc that would play in a regular DVD player and sadly, I wasn't much help explaining it to her over the phone.

So, I took my actual computer over to her house with a program I use to make the videos I've done. For some reason, however, when I imported the saved Windows Video that she had saved, it wasn't showing the pictures...

I made plans with my younger sister to take the kids swimming and time was running out, so I explained to my sister how to remake the video and how to capture it on disc and went to get my little sister and head to the pool.

We got to the pool and the kids had loads of fun. The place we went actually has a little place where the water isn't deep at all (as you can tell from the picture). My kids had fun jumping into the water - I wasn't worried about drowning as much as I was about broken legs since the drop was nothing...However, no one got injured. Even my little nephew who will be 1 in a couple of weeks had lots of fun splashing in the water - he is one kid who is not afraid of water AT ALL! The pool closed for open plunge at 4, which was good as we had yet more plans...

I dropped my little sister and nephew off and headed over to Eric's parents home. We were all headed to the zoo for a members night. The birthday gifts for all the kids this year was a year membership to the zoo. It was a perfect time of day to go to the zoo. It had cooled off enough that it was nice and there really wasn't that many people at all! I didn't really take any pictures at the zoo because Eric's mom was taking lots and she gives them to me...I just don't have them yet.

We enjoyed the Birds of Flight show which was really cool. There were many birds that flew right over your heads. The kids enjoyed it lots and it was neat to see all the different kind of birds and what they can be trained to do. We also spent some time seeing how the trainers take care of the Elephants. They have trained the Elephants to stick out their feet and ears to get checked for things. They've also trained these elephants to pick up things that may get thrown into their exhibit that don't belong there. One of the elephants could even kick a ball that the trainer would throw in. I think it is interesting how and what you can teach animals with a certain amount of care and patience.

We also saw turtles mating...(Picture is below) This was hilarious to us. The female acted like she didn't even care what was going on as she just kept eating and walking around. This did not deter the male however...He just kept at it no matter how much the female kept walking around. Luckily the turtles were across from the playground and so the kids didn't see the turtles and just wanted to play.



As for what else has been going on - not much!

The IDOLS concert last week was awesome! There is a guy from Seattle, Washington who beatboxes as well. He is such an entertainer and one of my favorites. The show was fun and so enjoyable. I was just mad that I didn't take my camera. I wasn't sure if they would allow it in, but there were lots of people that took theirs...So that upset me. Maybe next year if we have lots of favorites like we did this year we will go to the concert again and I will take my camera.

Monday at work there was an interesting thing that happened. It was about 9:30 and we hear screaming coming from the USCAN area...Monday night was really busy, but everyone in the store turned to hear what was going on. We see two guys yelling at each other and ALMOST getting into a fist fight in the store. One guy and lady had a little baby in their arms as well. It was so scary that my heart was beating fast. They got them out of the store and I guess after they were out of the store they went at it...Someone called the cops though and it was taken care of. My manager came back into the store in the middle of it and didn't know what to do. When I left work that night I asked the manager what had happened and she related the story.

Apparently guy #1 and guy #2 bumped into each other, when guy #2 turned around guy #1 didn't like the way guy #2 looked at guy #1's wife...Is that a crazy thing to get into a fist fight over or what? I guess guy #1 is a little possesive of his wifey? Oh well.

Hope all is well with you all!

0 People Had Something To Add:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...