Jul 30, 2007

Another Update

Posted by with 1 comment
That's me - Simpsonized...Couldn't resist.
Anyhow, just another update about last week.
Sunday, July 22: Tanis' 7th Birthday. Before church at one, we let him open all of his gifts that Eric and I got for him. He was extremely happy and and maybe a wee bit spoiled. We go to church and after church come home and get ready for his party with family. I made the party start at 5 as an open house, so we didn't have time for a major dinner or anything. I just did Lloyd's BBQ chicken and called it good. We all enjoyed his party and had lots of fun. And our family members spoiled Tanis as well. Tanis even got to sleep over at my mom's that night, while my older sister took Shaylyn and Lex. Monday night they were going to swap kids...My mom would take Shaylyn and Lex and my sister would take Tanis.
Monday, July 23: Took the time that the kids were with family to relax. Straightened the house and did all the things I normally do, but then I had lots of time to get pages ready to scrapbook. I had to work at 5 that night, so I didn't get anything scrapbooked, but figured I had the next day to do so. About halfway through my shift I get the feeling that I am getting a sore throat. I wasn't happy...But I figured as long as it's just a sore throat I'll be fine. However, as soon as I got home from work, I knew that I was going to be sick - I was thinking flu with the symptoms I was having. Luckily because the kids were with family I was able to go straight to bed.
Tuesday, July 24: Happy Pioneer Day! Didn't even realize it was a holiday...Spent the morning in bed trying to recover and be well enough to go to work that night. Got out of bed only to take medicine. Around 3:30 I took a nice bath to get ready for work. Worked from 5-10 and was miserable the whole time...It was one of those situations where your head is so dizzy and light you don't really feel like you are where you are...Came home from work and just lied in bed waiting for Eric and the kids to come home. They had gone to Eric's parents to celebrate and watch fireworks. They came home around 11, and after getting the kids settled in bed, I went to bed as well.
Wednesday, July 25: Still don't feel well in the morning. Eric decides he better work from home so that I can get more rest. I rest on and off and around 11 or so I get up to get some medicine. I take my medicine and a drink to wash down the nasty taste of medicine and the next thing I know I am on the kitchen floor with Eric asking if I can breathe...Apparently, I passed out...I was so glad Eric was home. I was supposed to work that night but because I had passed out, and I still wasn't feeling good - I called in.
Thursday, July 26: I still don't feel good in the morning...Feel better, but not like I would if I had just had the flu or a cold...Still spend the day in bed and around 4 we decided to head to Instacare...We see the nurse in Instacare tell her what has been going on - Difficulty swallowing, Lightheaded, Dizzy - and she does a quick strep test. The dr. then comes in does the usual look in the ears and mouth. He looks in my mouth real quick and says it looks nasty in there. And I reply it feels nasty. He tells me that I have STREP! I have NO IDEA where I got it from. No one I have been around has been sick. Oh well. He tells me I have 2 options. He can give me a prescription that would be 2 pills a day for 10 days and I would feel better in 2-3 days, or I can get a shot in the butt and most people say they feel better within 24 hours. Reluctantly I went for the shot in the butt.
Friday, July 27: Still not feeling great, but feel like I can somewhat function. Straighten the house as best I can feel up to doing. Still get tired easily however, so I do take it easy. We spend the night at home just watching a movie.
Saturday, July 28: Still not 100% but feeling better. I head to work to pick up my check and check on my schedule for the next week. Then I head to the Wal-Mart by us, because our bank has a branch there. I pick up a few things and start feeling really worn out again, so I head back home. I take the rest of the night easy reading Harry Potter! Not quite halfway through, but I am still reading. Go to bed kind of early because I needed to rest up for Sunday.
Sunday, July 29: Not happy because I get scheduled to work from 12-8:30. I miss church AND its an 8 hour shift. I DON'T work 8 hour shifts. I think someone different did the schedule. Anyway, I work my shift and feel mostly okay, but totally drained again by the time I get home. We then play DVD Scene It with the kids before bed, then head to bed around 10.
Today, July 30: Still feel mostly okay, but not totally. Luckily only have to work a 5 hour shift like I am used to. I also have a job interview with the city at 1:00 that I hope results in good news...I am so ready to be done with Smith's... Anyway, guess I better get the house straightened and get some things done. Tomorrow is IDOL'S LIVE! Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Rough week! We just went through a bout of the flu this weekend. Jon's still dealing with it. He let me sleep all day on Saturday, so I'm good now. I can't imagine having to work when you're not feeling well. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...