Aug 16, 2007

Donut Break Anyone?

Posted by with 1 comment
So Sunday night, August 12th, we head to my grandma's house for her 88th birthday party. We enjoy all the visiting with all the family and my little brother who lives in Wyoming even made a surprise appearance. He even took the nice picture of me that is to the left....
Anyhow, because Eric wasn't feeling very well, I drove home. We are 2 minutes away from home and guess what I see...Flashing lights behind me. I start getting really ticked off not thinking that I was speeding and knowing that we couldn't really afford a speeding ticket at this moment in time. Eric keeps telling me to calm down and that I shouldn't get that frustrated and overworked when I get pulled over. Easy for him to say.
So the officer comes to the window and asks for all the stuff...License, Registration, Proof of Insurance and then walks away. He is back in only a matter of minutes and then tells me the reason he pulled me over is because our Registration wasn't up to date...OOPS! So he lets us go telling us that we need to get it taken care of because after 3 months your car can get impounded.
I was so relieved. No ticket and just a "friendly" reminder to get the registration renewed or whatever. So first thing Eric did Monday morning - take care of the registration and also got the brake pads fixed for my car. He only ended up working a total of 4 hours on Monday.
Anyway, so having the Registration complete and everything I had totally forgotten about being pulled over. Until, last night at 12:30. I worked until midnight and when I got off I was talking to one of the baggers for a few minutes.
Driving home on a 65 speed limit road I was doing good to not go above 70. Next thing I know I pass a cop hiding in an area off the road. Once again I check my speed and I am about 67 or so. Then I see the flashing lights AGAIN! At first I wasn't sure if he was coming for me, but he was.
Once again, I was ticked off! This time I knew for certain I wasn't speeding enough to warrant a ticket. But, I pulled over again...Same old routine. License, Registration, Proof of Insurance. The officer goes back to his car and takes longer than officer #1 did, so I was worried about a ticket.
He comes back after like 5 minutes and tells me the reason he pulled me over is because my taillights aren't on! He said when I put my foot on the brake pedal, the lights are on, but just driving they weren't. He asked if the car had been in the shop recently and I told him about the brake pads. I am not sure why that would screw up the taillights or whatever, but oh well.
He sent me on my way and I was really freaked out. Having no taillights driving around at midnight is pretty scary. Especially in one area of where we live where there are no street lights for whatever reason. Thankfully, I got home safely.
Told Eric about the event and so today he is going to have to take me to work and pick me up. Crazy things.
Good thing is - no tickets...Bad thing is now I feel like it's Karma or something...So weird. I'll be happy if I don't get pulled over for a VERY LONG TIME!

Hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! We've been there. We got pulled over because our headlight was out, and ended up getting a ticket for our registration not being up to date. Then, 10 minutes later we got pulled over again for the registration again. How crazy is that?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...